Friday Sep 10, 2010
What are these tidbits? Well, they are pieces of information that many of our fans will find interesting/useful/helpful but aren’t big enough for a full-on reveal announcement. So without further ado…
1) Dr. Eggman has built his park after developing a sense of remorse for his past “indiscretions”. Hmm… a likely story.
2) At one point in an early cutscene Sonic “breaks the fourth wall” and talks directly to the gamer. (Actually, its a bit of an aside about whats being talked about at the time. I’m not going to spoil it, because its funny… I think the community will definitely appreciate its intent, let’s put it that way! )
3) SA-55 (the round red robot also known as “Ergo” by fans) will return, but slightly more jaded than before. Oh and by the way SA-55 ISN’T his name… his name is actually “Orbot”.
Since you like Orbot so much, here is his character render in high quality PNG format. He has had a bit of a paint job by the looks of things.
4) Orbot also has a counterpart in this game. Orbot’s compatriot is called “Cubot”, as some detectives have been able to deduce. He’s a cube shaped robot – ‘Cube-Bot’, much like Orbot is spherical, quite literally ‘Orb-bot’ (also an anagram of robot if you hadn’t noticed) who is… er… a little defective shall we say.
5) Tails’ “Miles Electric” handheld device that appeared in Sonic Unleashed makes a re-appearance.
6) The boss you have already likely seen from Tropical Resort is referred to as the “Big Boy” by Dr. Eggman.
7) The curly haired white Wisp is important to the Colors story, and its name is Yakker. He is the Wisp Sonic and Tails communicate with to find out what is going on. A silent guide, if you like, to the world of Wisps.
We officially award kudos points to Umiyuri incidentally, who identified the name first (as far as we can see).
8 ) FOXY FACT: Tails can read binary fluently. (So he’s one of the 10 types of people…)
9) Contrary to reports elsewhere, Amy Rose does NOT feature in the story of Sonic Colors Wii. Seriously, unless she’s become an invisible mute post-Unleashed, we’ve seen nothing to indicate otherwise.
10) We will see the “consequences” of Sonic destroying a giant robot… in more than one sense. DUN DUN DUUUNNNN!
11) Oh, okay then here’s Cubot’s character render too.
We’ll have some more tidbits as we get closer to the release of Sonic Colors on November 16th!
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES