Friday Mar 30, 2012
Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing for iOS
Today only, Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing for iOS is available in the App Store for the low, low price of $.99!
Sonic 4 Episode 1 on Windows Mobile
If you haven’t picked up Sonic 4 Episode I yet for your Windows Mobile device, now is the time to do! The price has dropped to $4.99, and will stay there!
Thursday Mar 29, 2012
On the Block
1. SEGA Download Laptop Bag
2. Football Manager Suit T-Shirt – S
3. Football Manager Drinks Bottle
4. Yakuza: Dead Souls playing cards
5. Yakuza: Dead Souls USB Storage Device
How it Works
1. You must be following us on Twitter to be eligible. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.)
2. At random times on Friday, we will announce the prize we are giving away, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!) We only accept one direct message per person per prize!
We tweet “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner!
Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter!
3. All followers are eligible to win all prizes, unless a restriction is noted. Restrictions are usually due to the prize being region-locked. For example, US games that won’t work on UK gaming systems. There may also be age restrictions due to the rating of the game.
4. We will announce the winner on our Twitter feed once eligibility is confirmed.
Other Assorted Information:
How to Send Direct Messages on Twitter
Due to a change in our account status with Twitter, you should be able to send us direct messages without us following you. However, third-party applications may not allow you to.
There are a few ways to send us a Direct Message on Twitter. The easiest way is:
You may also select the “direct messages” tab from your Twitter homepage, and select SEGA from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Again, if you don’t see our name there, it’s probably because we’re not following you. Let us know, and we’ll follow you. If you still have questions on sending direct messages, please visit Twitter’s Help Section.
There are also many Twitter clients that you can use instead of using the website. These include TweetDeck, Twitteriffic, Tweetie, and Twhirl. Each of these programs works differently, so you’ll want to figure out how to send a direct message on the program you use. If you want to send us a test message, we’ll let you know if we received it or not. Please make sure your message says “test” somewhere.
Thursday Mar 29, 2012
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble was originally released in November 1994, as a sequel to Sonic Chaos. The platform-oriented game gives players the choice of playing as Sonic or Tails. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble introduces players to Nack the Weasel for the first time.
Price: €5, £4.50, AUD 7.50, 500 Points
For more information on this game visit Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Shinobi, known in Japan as The G.G. Shinobi, was developed and published by SEGA exclusively for the SEGA Game Gear. It was released in 1991 as part of the Shinobi series of games. The music in the game was composed by Yūzō Koshiro.
Price: €4, £3.60, AUD 6, 400 Points
For more information on this game visit Shinobi
Dragon Crystal is an RPG which was originally released on the SEGA Master System and ported to the Game Gear in 1991 making it one the Game Gear’s earliest Role Playing Games.
Price: €3, £2.70, AUD 4.50, 300 Points
For more information on this game visit Dragon Crystal
We would like you to share your favorite memories of these games.
Tuesday Mar 27, 2012
Racefans, have we got news for you! Daytona USA and SEGA Rally Online Arcade are now available for 400 MS points – down from 800! These prices are good through April 3, so get ‘em while they’re hot!
Monday Mar 26, 2012
To celebrate the upcoming release of House of the Dead 4 exclusively for PS3, we’re giving you the chance to win a PlayStation+ membership! (Very sorry international fans, but this one’s for US and Canada blog readers only.)
It’s simple to enter – just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of grenades you’ve found hidden in this picture. The very first correct answer will win a three month PS+ membership, and we’ll randomly select four random entries that will receive a one month membership (you have until April 9th to get your answer in). In your email, please include your:
Easy as smashing a creature in the face, no? Alright everyone, put on your searching faces and tell me how many grenades you see in this picture:
Sega of America, Inc.
Official Promotion Rules
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – Sega of America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering “Grenade Hunt” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a combination of chronological response and random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 26, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 9, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older and own a Sony PlayStation®3 (PS3™) as of March 26, 2012. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories, Quebec and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter –Review the posted image from “The House of Dead 4™” (“Image”) to determine the number of grenades hidden in the Image, (your “Answer”) . Send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Grenade Hunt” in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, provide you:
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(5) Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize – On a chronological basis, the first Entrant to respond with the correct Answer to the number of grenades hidden in the Image will receive a FREE 3-month subscription to PlayStation® Plus, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”), $17.99 USD. Four (4) First Prizes – Four (4) entrants will be randomly selected from all entrants who have submitted the correct Answer to the number of grenades in the Image to each receive a FREE 1-month subscription to PlayStation® Plus, ARV $6 USD. There are a total of five (5) prizes for this Promotion with a total ARV of $41.99 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries submitted with the correct Answer to the number of grenades in the Image and the chronological time of entry receipt. Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper for recording the date and time any given Entry is received via e-mail.
(6) Prize Awarding – The Grand Prize winner will be determined and the First Prize winners will be randomly selected on or about April 12, 2012. Potential winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by e-mail (“Prize Notification”) to confirm prize acceptance. Potential winners must respond to the Prize Notification within three (3) days of receiving the Prize Notification to confirm prize acceptance. Prizes will be fulfilled by e-mail as a code for the on-line access to the PlayStation® Plus subscription. Failure to timely respond to Sponsor’s Prize Notification or return of the Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or website. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – The names of the winners will be posted on www.blogs.sega.com on or about April 17, 2012.
350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523
©SEGA. All Rights Reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA, the SEGA logo and THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All trademarks on this page and used in this contest are the property of their particular owner and are used with permission.
PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not a Sponsor of, or in any way affiliated with this Promotion.
Monday Mar 26, 2012
We are pleased to announce that the transfer update for Football Manager Handheld 2012 on iOS is now available to download via the app store.
Once downloaded, the update will take effect when you start a new game and will bring your Football Manager database up to date with all transfers and moves up to the close of the Winter transfer window.
You can find a detailed list of what the update contains and answers to any questions you may have on our forums.
Friday Mar 23, 2012
Today we’re happy to bring you a few more screens from the upcoming Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure!
Rhythm Thief and The Emperor’s Treasure hits Nintendo 3DS on April 5th in Europe and July 10th in North America.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES