Thursday Jun 28, 2012
Good news everyone! The Rhythm Thief Demo launches today across North America in the 3DS E Shop! You play as Raphael, a normal every day kid by day, and Phantom R by night – the heroic thief who is famous among Parisians for stealing paintings only to return them a few days later. There’s a mystery afoot, with full map navigation across Paris, intricate and involved story, and tons of musical mini-games.
The demo lets everyone get eyes and ears on three different mini-games from the final game:
Showtime - this dance game is the first time you’ll play as Raphael in the game, simply slide the stylus to hit the right dance moves and do it with style! Play for score and see how good you can do, you’ll have to be quick!
Looting the Louvre – Rhythm meets Stealth – match the poses of famous sculptures to sneak past the museum’s guards. This is one of my favorite games in the game, it’s got a good pace and a great song – starts easy and picks up from there!
Battle Diabolique – Just because it’s a Rhythm game, it doesn’t mean there aren’t boss fights! In this mode, you tap the D-pad and A button at the right time to defeat Napoleon’s soldiers.
Wednesday Jun 27, 2012
We’re getting closer to Sonic Boom, and I don’t know about you, but we’re getting pretty excited about it here at SEGA. One of the things we’ve been working on is all the fun stuff we’ll be giving away to fans attending the event! We don’t want to give away all the surprises, but here’s a taste of what fans attending the event will be receiving.
T-shirts were a popular item last year, so we’re bringing them back! They are grey, with a simple and recognizable Sonic on the front, and the Sonic Boom logo on the back. We’ll have them in sizes S-XL.
Another popular item that we’re bringing back this year is the Sonic hat! It was so amazing last year to see an audience full of people wearing their Sonic hats, and we hope to see you all showing your Sonic love in these hats again this year.
Crush 40 will be playing live at both Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom events, and special guests Jean Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash will also playing live at Sonic Boom. Get ready to rock out to your favorite Sonic song with your fellow fans!
Sonic Boom 2012 will be held on Friday, July 13th, 2012 from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA (during San Diego Comic Con). Tickets are $20 each ($15 for the ticket and $5 for the TicketMaster fee) and include 2 drink tickets (for those 21 or older) and free food. You do not need a Comic Con badge to get into Sonic Boom. You must have a ticket to get in. Tickets are going quickly, so get yours today! You can purchase your tickets at http://bit.ly/IM9OoT
Summer of Sonic 2012 will take place in the Hove Centre, at Hove Town Hall, Brighton on Saturday, July 7th 2012. For more information, go to the Summer of Sonic website: www.summerofsonic.com/
Wednesday Jun 27, 2012
In addition, we’re excited to have Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II be part of the developer sandbox at Google I/O!
Google I/O is focused on the tech world’s latest web, mobile and social breakthroughs and bringing
The Developer Sandbox, first introduced at I/O 2009, is a demo area where a wide range of
Don’t forget that you can also enter to win an Asus Transformer Prime in our Sonic the Hedgehog Trivia Sweepstakes! See the official rules and enter now!
Wednesday Jun 27, 2012
Super Monkey Ball is back on Windows Phone! Everyone’s favorite monkeys keep the ball rolling with this exclusive version of the arcade to console classic for your Windows Phone.
Roll around the Far East, as you tilt and steer one of four adorable monkeys through 125 themed mazes and a beautiful world of cherry blossoms. Just grab your bananas along the way to earn extra lives before time runs out. It’s so easy to play, even a monkey could do it!
GO BANANAS – Play as one of 4 Monkeys: Aiai, MeeMee, Baby, and GonGon.
JUST ROLL WITH IT – 6 Worlds, 125 Themed Stages: Sinking Swamps, Cobalt Caverns, Ultra Heaven, Jumble Jungle and Pirate’s Ocean. Includes 10 stages from the exotic Far East World.
Monkey Golf – Monkey play golf .. who knew? Grab your clubs and tee off with 18 holes of banana bliss.
Monkey Bowl - One of the original mini games returns for ten frames of monkey ten-pin bowling madness!
BREATHTAKING VISUALS – New environmental effects that bring stunning and colorful 3D worlds to life.
Friday Jun 22, 2012
Dust off those tennis racquets and start training with the Pros. This Free version guides you through 5 training drills and one match to prepare you for the SEGA Professional Tennis World Tour.
Virtua Tennis, the World’s leading tennis game franchise, is available for the first time on smartphones with the new Virtua Tennis Challenge. Slice, lob and hit your best top spin as you take on the world’s best and compete against 50 players in 18 stadiums around the globe. Build concentration by making plays that match your player’s style; unleashing a super shot that will make your opponent sweat. Enjoy hours of game play through different modes, shots and courts.
SWING THE GAME YOUR WAY
FEEL THE HEAT
DOUBLE UP THE FUN
Friday Jun 22, 2012
In celebration of Sonic The Hedgehog’s upcoming birthday, on June 23rd, Sonic CD on Android is getting enhanced with Haptics (rumble) support, allowing users to experience a deeper level of immersion in game with enabled Android devices.
An all-new, Haptics enabled lite version will also be released tomorrow for anyone who wants to see how the game plays with this new technology. Our Sonic CD sale ends Friday June 22nd, so try before you buy!
Thursday Jun 21, 2012
On the Block
1. Sonic hat and lanyard – A Sonic hat and lanyard.
2. Sonic T-shirt – Size large only.
3. Sonic bag – What will you put in it? The options are endless.
How it Works
1. You must be following us on Twitter to be eligible. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.)
2. At random times on Friday, we will announce the prize we are giving away, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!) We only accept one direct message per person per prize!
We tweet “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner!
Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter!
3. All followers are eligible to win all prizes, unless a restriction is noted. Restrictions are usually due to the prize being region-locked. For example, US games that won’t work on UK gaming systems. There may also be age restrictions due to the rating of the game.
4. We will announce the winner on our Twitter feed once eligibility is confirmed.
Other Assorted Information:
How to Send Direct Messages on Twitter
Due to a change in our account status with Twitter, you should be able to send us direct messages without us following you. However, third-party applications may not allow you to.
There are a few ways to send us a Direct Message on Twitter. The easiest way is:
You may also select the “direct messages” tab from your Twitter homepage, and select SEGA from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Again, if you don’t see our name there, it’s probably because we’re not following you. Let us know, and we’ll follow you. If you still have questions on sending direct messages, please visit Twitter’s Help Section.
There are also many Twitter clients that you can use instead of using the website. These include TweetDeck, Twitteriffic, Tweetie, and Twhirl. Each of these programs works differently, so you’ll want to figure out how to send a direct message on the program you use. If you want to send us a test message, we’ll let you know if we received it or not. Please make sure your message says “test” somewhere.
Thursday Jun 21, 2012
Show Your True Colours with the Facebook App for London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games
It’s time to Show Your True Colours, with the launch of our new Facebook App for London 2012: The Official Videogame of the Olympic Games! Become a Gold-Medal winning athlete and wear your nation’s kit with pride on the world’s most popular social network. Spread the word to your friends and family, forming an Olympic team of your very own in the run-up to this year’s games!
Posted by Kellie in London 2012™ - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games on 4:05:21PM Jun 21, 2012 | Comments (5)
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
Happy Solstice! Today the sun stands still in the sky, on the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere; the shortest day of the year in the Southern Hemisphere.
As is the ancient custom (on the planet Cradle and elsewhere), we celebrate the long-and-short of this celestial dance with prize boxes.
Receive a FREE Solstice Prize Box for every $9.95 spent in a single energy purchase!
Offer available through June 25th, 2012.
Solstice Prize Boxes are unique items containing random assortments of items — some very rare and unique to this promotion. Each box also contains random handfuls of Summer (and Winter, for our Southbound knights) confetti. There’s also a chance for more prizes like trinket and weapon slot upgrades, Krogmo Coin Boosters, and Heat Amplifiers.
For more information on the Solstice Prize Box, including contents, click here for the official promotion page.
Happy Solstice to all!
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
In honor of Sonic The Hedgehog’s birthday, we’re giving fans a chance at some pretty sweet prizes! All you have to do is answer a few questions — it’s that easy! Test your knowledge of the blue dude with the ‘tude and if you get all the questions right, you could be sporting an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet! We also have several prizes available, including Sonic themed headphones, pillow sets, and comics!
How do you enter? It’s easy! Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicbirthdaytrivia, answer the questions, and you’ll be entered into win! The contest is only available for US residents (sorry!), and please do read the full rules for eligibility. Good luck and Happy Birthday to Sonic!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – Sega of America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Sonic The Hedgehog Trivia Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 19, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2012, (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other US territories) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicbirthdaytrivia and complete the registration form with your first/last name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and your answers to the six (6) multiple choice Sonic The Hedgehog trivia questions. You must choose the correct answers to all six (6) trivia questions for your entry to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(5) Prizes – Two (2) Grand Prize – An ASUS® Eee Pad Transformer 32 GB TF201 Tablet and an ASUS® Keyboard Docking Station, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $650 each. One (1) Second Prize – Sonic The Hedgehog multi-device stereo headphones, ARV $60. One (1) Third Prize – A Sonic The Hedgehog throw and pillow set, ARV $50. Ten (10) Fourth Prizes – A Sonic The Hedgehog Archie comic book, ARV $3. There are a total of fourteen (14) prizes with the total ARV of all prizes at one thousand, four hundred forty U.S. dollars ($1,440). The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about July 2, 2012. Winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their Entry (“Winning Notification”). Potential Grand Prize winners will be provided an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release, (collectively “Affidavit”), (unless prohibited by law). The Affidavit must be returned within five (5) days of Sponsor’s provision of this document. Potential Grand Prize winners will also be required to send a copy of their passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. All other winners must respond within five (5) days of Winning Notification with their confirmation of prize acceptance and a physical address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification. Return of Winning Notification or Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize and First Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 30, 2012 to: Sonic The Hedgehog Trivia Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.The SEGA logo, and Sonic The Hedgehog are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation.
ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTek Computer, Inc. ASUSTek Computer, Inc. is not a Sponsor of, or in any way affiliated with this Promotion.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES