Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
Happy Solstice! Today the sun stands still in the sky, on the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere; the shortest day of the year in the Southern Hemisphere.
As is the ancient custom (on the planet Cradle and elsewhere), we celebrate the long-and-short of this celestial dance with prize boxes.
Receive a FREE Solstice Prize Box for every $9.95 spent in a single energy purchase!
Offer available through June 25th, 2012.
Solstice Prize Boxes are unique items containing random assortments of items — some very rare and unique to this promotion. Each box also contains random handfuls of Summer (and Winter, for our Southbound knights) confetti. There’s also a chance for more prizes like trinket and weapon slot upgrades, Krogmo Coin Boosters, and Heat Amplifiers.
For more information on the Solstice Prize Box, including contents, click here for the official promotion page.
Happy Solstice to all!
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
In honor of Sonic The Hedgehog’s birthday, we’re giving fans a chance at some pretty sweet prizes! All you have to do is answer a few questions — it’s that easy! Test your knowledge of the blue dude with the ‘tude and if you get all the questions right, you could be sporting an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet! We also have several prizes available, including Sonic themed headphones, pillow sets, and comics!
How do you enter? It’s easy! Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicbirthdaytrivia, answer the questions, and you’ll be entered into win! The contest is only available for US residents (sorry!), and please do read the full rules for eligibility. Good luck and Happy Birthday to Sonic!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – Sega of America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Sonic The Hedgehog Trivia Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 19, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2012, (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other US territories) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicbirthdaytrivia and complete the registration form with your first/last name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and your answers to the six (6) multiple choice Sonic The Hedgehog trivia questions. You must choose the correct answers to all six (6) trivia questions for your entry to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(5) Prizes – Two (2) Grand Prize – An ASUS® Eee Pad Transformer 32 GB TF201 Tablet and an ASUS® Keyboard Docking Station, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $650 each. One (1) Second Prize – Sonic The Hedgehog multi-device stereo headphones, ARV $60. One (1) Third Prize – A Sonic The Hedgehog throw and pillow set, ARV $50. Ten (10) Fourth Prizes – A Sonic The Hedgehog Archie comic book, ARV $3. There are a total of fourteen (14) prizes with the total ARV of all prizes at one thousand, four hundred forty U.S. dollars ($1,440). The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about July 2, 2012. Winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their Entry (“Winning Notification”). Potential Grand Prize winners will be provided an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release, (collectively “Affidavit”), (unless prohibited by law). The Affidavit must be returned within five (5) days of Sponsor’s provision of this document. Potential Grand Prize winners will also be required to send a copy of their passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. All other winners must respond within five (5) days of Winning Notification with their confirmation of prize acceptance and a physical address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification. Return of Winning Notification or Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize and First Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 30, 2012 to: Sonic The Hedgehog Trivia Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.The SEGA logo, and Sonic The Hedgehog are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation.
ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTek Computer, Inc. ASUSTek Computer, Inc. is not a Sponsor of, or in any way affiliated with this Promotion.
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
Feral Interactive today announced that Sonic the Hedgehog and over 25 other fan-favorite SEGA characters are coming to the Mac this summer! Developed by Sumo Digital Ltd. and published by SEGA for consoles and PC, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and SEGA Superstars Tennis will bring the world’s speediest blue hedgehog to the Mac for the very first time.
A star-studded line-up including Doctor Eggman, Tails, Shadow the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd and Super Monkey Ball’s Aiai will battle it out not only in single player and split-screen multiplayer modes, but also online using Apple’s Game Center technology, a feature of the next version of Mac OS X, Mountain Lion.
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends race cars, motorbikes and even a “bananamobile” across crazily inventive tracks inspired by the incredible worlds of the SEGA games. Players must find secret shortcuts and use hilarious power-ups to give them the edge, making Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing an exhilarating ride for family, friends and online challengers.
SEGA Superstars Tennis pits classic SEGA characters against each other across four smashing (geddit?) tournaments on totally outrageous tennis courts. Players can also put their racket skills to the test in twisted minigames inspired by classic SEGA titles such as House of the Dead, Space Harrier and Super Monkey Ball.
Pricing, system requirements, minisites, trailers and more details about Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and SEGA Superstars Tennis for the Mac will be announced closer to the release date.
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
In honor of Sonic the Hedgehog’s Birthday, we have slashed prices on all of our digitally available Sonic games! Pick up your favorite game and have a play on us! The sales all end at different times, so be sure to check and make sure the games are still discounted!
Sonic Games on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
These deals end on June 22nd!
These deals end on June 22nd!
These deals end on June 26th!
Xbox Live Arcade
These deals end on June 27th!
Wednesday Jun 20, 2012
One of the changes that we made to this year’s Sonic Boom event is that we’re providing food and some beverages for all attendees! You may be wondering what foods we’re serving… well, wait no longer.
Attendees with age 21+ tickets (and proper ID) will receive 2 drink tickets that they can exchange for a drink at the House of Blues bar. All alcoholic drinks beyond the 2 drink tickets must be purchased in cash. We will be providing free bottled water and soda to all attendees.
We will have 3 different buffet stations for you to feast from at Sonic Boom. The first will have mini pizzas, including cheese, vegetable, and pepperoni. The second will have tacos with char-grilled marinated steak served on a corn tortilla and topped with cotija cheese. The third is a slider bar, with an assortment of angus beef mini burgers, pulled pork sliders, and meatball sliders.
And it wouldn’t be a SEGA event without some dessert (you guys know how we love our desserts), so we’ll also be serving assorted homemade cookies and cheesecake squares.
And now… a word about chili dogs.
We heard your feedback about last year’s Sonic Boom event not having chili dogs. We looked into it for this year. We really did. But we were limited by a few factors, including that the House of Blues does not have anything like a chili dog on their menu. And plus… chili dogs are messy. (Seriously — 1000 people, including children. Gaming stations. Drink tickets. Things could get ugly.) I know that having chili dogs at Sonic Boom is very important to some of you, and you are disappointed that there will be none at this event. I’m truly sorry that we couldn’t make it work this year.
But nonetheless, we’ll have some great food, some great music, and a huge celebration of Sonic the Hedgehog. I hope to see you there!
Crush 40 will be playing live at both Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom events, and special guests Jean Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash will also playing live at Sonic Boom. Get ready to rock out to your favorite Sonic song with your fellow fans!
Sonic Boom 2012 will be held on Friday, July 13th, 2012 from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA (during San Diego Comic Con). Tickets are $20 each ($15 for the ticket and $5 for the TicketMaster fee) and include 2 drink tickets (for those 21 or older) and free food. You do not need a Comic Con badge to get into Sonic Boom. You must have a ticket to get in. Tickets are going quickly, so get yours today! You can purchase your tickets at http://bit.ly/IM9OoT
Summer of Sonic 2012 will take place in the Hove Centre, at Hove Town Hall, Brighton on Saturday, July 7th 2012. Tickets are available from the Summer of Sonic website: www.summerofsonic.com/
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES