Friday Aug 10, 2012
When Aliens: Colonial Marines arrives this February, you may have the best kill to death ratio in multiplayer, the most unlocks and experience from your time in campaign or co-op, and even the collector’s edition proudly on display – but for the ultimate bragging rights – you can have your name inside the Aliens: Colonial Marines game.
Earlier this year, developer Gearbox Software gave PAX East attendees the chance to get their name in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Now, it’s your turn!
To enter for your chance at becoming a part of Aliens: Colonial Marines, simply “Communityteam@sega.com” with the subject “Aliens Colonial Marines – Name in the Game Contest” along with your name, age, date of birth, state/province, email address, telephone number, and name of choice for inclusion in the game by no later than August 24, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time! Then, on August 26th, 2012, we’ll draw the winner at random!
Before you enter, a couple quick notes from our lawyers:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. One (1) winner will be randomly selected and their name will appear in the Aliens: Colonial Marines game, named per the input provided in their winning entry. There is no monetary value associated with the prize. Void where prohibited. Please see the Official Rules below, which Official Rules govern the promotion.
ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES™ – YOUR NAME IN THE GAME CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
By entering you agree to giving full and complete usage rights to your name and biographical information to the Sponsor for use in and in relation to its products
1) Promotion Description: Sega of America, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is offering the “Aliens: Colonial Marines™ – Your Name in the Game Contest” (“Promotion”) and will award the prize via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 10:00:00 AM US Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 10th, 2012 and the deadline for submission of entries is 11:59:59 PM PT August 24th, 2012.
2) Eligibility: Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Any entrants who are not eligible for the Promotion can be disqualified at the Sponsor’s discretion. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor and Gearbox Software, LLC, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories, Quebec and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter your Name: To enter for a chance to win the Promotion, send one (1) e-mail to Communityteam@sega.com with the subject “Aliens Colonial Marines – Name in the Game Contest”; in the body of the e-mail include the following informational points (your “Entry”):
• Your first and last name,
The Name of Choice must be your name, nickname or original name. The Name of Choice may not (i) infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or right of publicity or privacy; (ii) violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (iv) promote discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (v) be violent or threatening or promote violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vi) promote illegal or harmful activities or substances (“Restrictions”).
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
5) Winner Determination: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entries conducted on or about August 26, 2012. Potential winners will be contacted within two (2) business days of the drawing by phone or e-mail (“Prize Notification”) and provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be completed (unless prohibited by law). Potential winners will also be required to send a copy of their passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. The completed Affidavit and supporting identification must be returned to Sponsor by no later than August 30, 2012. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Return of Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
At Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an inadequate number of Entries or Entries of appropriate quality are received, Sponsor reserves the right NOT to determine any Entries as winners.
6) Prize: One (1) winner will have their Name of Choice included in the game Aliens: Colonial Marines. There is no monetary value associated with the prize. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, including any applicable import taxes on prizes, are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
Right to Use Your Name of Choice and Information About You: By participating, you: (a) represent and warrant that your Name of Choice is either your name, nickname, or a wholly original name, not previously published, and does not incorporate or include any anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party (including the real name or nickname of any other person or celebrity) and your Entry complies with all Restrictions; (b) automatically grant to the Promotion Entities a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display your Name of Choice; (c) you irrevocably grant to the Promotion Entities the right to use your Name, city and state, and Name of Choice in and in relation to the game Aliens: Colonial Marines and in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade, and (d) agree that by submitting an Entry, you grant to the Promotion Entities the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Name of Choice on any of their respective websites or websites with which they maintain accounts or in and in relation to any of its products without any compensation. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to all Promotion Entities with respect to all Entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
By submitting an Entry, you grant to the Promotion Entities the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, address (city and state), biographical information, and Name of Choice in your Entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, Gearbox Software, LLC and their respective products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, address (city and state), e mail address, biographical information, Name of Choice or Entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to all Promotion Entities with respect to all entrants in the Promotion, including non-winners and winners. Promotion Entities, however, do not have any obligation to use the winning or non-winning Entries for any purpose.
9) Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating in the Promotion, all entrants release the Promotion Entities and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from (i) participating in this Promotion, (ii) the prize, (iii) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Promotion, the Entries and/or its prize, and (iv) damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE SPONSOR’S LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
11) Sponsor and Promotion Administrator: Sega of America, Inc., 350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.
SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Friday Aug 10, 2012
The day is finally here – the final final date announcement of Jet Set Radio! We have initiated this pirate broadcast to announce the release dates and pricing for Jet Set Radio!
=== Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC gamers (via Steam) will be able to purchase Jet Set Radio on September 19 for 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99 / £5.99 / €6.49.
=== On the PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus users will be able to get one week early access to Jet Set Radio on September 11 – with non-Plus users able to purchase the game on September 18 – for $9.99 / £6.49 / €7.99.
=== PlayStation Vita owners will be able to get their hands on Jet Set Radio at the cost of $9.99 / £6.49 / €7.99 on October 16.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES