Monday Aug 13, 2012
Just throwing this question out there: Who wants to win a smartphone?
Okay! Interested? Here’s what we’ve got for you:
What is it?
A sweepstakes where you can win a Verizon Xperia Play phone!
How to Enter
Make a minimum purchase of $4.95 in either SEGA Android Games or SEGA iOS games during the Promotion Period. The $4.95 minimum can include multiple games that add up to that amount (for example, five games for 99 cents each). Email your purchase receipt(s) to email@example.com and in the body of the email provide:
There is no limit to the number of times you can enter; however there is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
Important Note: Remember, you can purchase multiple games to reach the minimum $4.95 requirement! The total just has to add up to at least that amount. For ease of reference, we recommend sending everything in the same email. Also, please make sure to remove any identifying credit card information before sending your receipt/proof of purchase to us!
Where To Find Us
Here’s quick links to searching for SEGA titles:
For Android, search Google Play for “SEGA” on your current phone, or search here for a list of SEGA titles.
Entry Period & Additional Notes
For additional rules and notes, please be sure to read the Official Rules below!
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Sega of America, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – Sega of America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Android & iOS Game Apps Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on August 27, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other US territories) who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter
With a Game App Purchase – Make a minimum purchase of four dollars and ninety-five cents (USD $4.95) of Sega Android games and/or Sega iOS games during the Promotion Period. Email your purchase receipt(s) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the subject line enter “Game Apps Sweepstakes” and in the body of the email provide your first and last name, age, date of birth, zip code, e-mail address and phone number. For each minimum purchase you submit you will receive one (1) entry.
FREE Entry by Mail – Hand print your first and last name, e-mail address, age, date of birth, zip code, and phone number on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a hand addressed envelope to: Sega Game Apps Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 12487, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than August 27, 2012 and received no later than September 4, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per envelope.
There is no limit to the number of times that you can enter via either method; however there is a limit of one (1) prize per person. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(5) Prizes – Three (3) winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received and each will receive one (1) Xperia™ PLAY by Sony Ericsson PlayStation® Certified SmartPhone, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $449 each. There are a total of three (3) prizes with a total ARV of all prizes of $1,347. The prize does NOT include a wireless service plan which is the sole responsibility of the winner. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about September 5, 2012. Winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their entry (“Winning Notification”) and asked to confirm prize acceptance and provide a complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment within five (5) days of Winning Notification. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification. Return of Winning Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 5, 2012 to: Sega Game Apps Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved.
Xperia PLAY is a registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB is not a Sponsor of, or in any way affiliated with, this Promotion.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES