Monday Aug 20, 2012
In Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, you are playing as Ash. Ash is the Prince of Hell, and he’s got a problem. Some embarrassing photos of him with his rubber ducky were taken and posted online, and now he’s out for revenge.
Ash’s style of revenge may be a bit extreme for the real world, so we want to know — what’s your recipe for revenge? Tell us, and you could win a Hell Yeah! prize pack, including a limited edition Ash statue, a Hell Yeah! t-shirt, and a free copy of Hell Yeah!.
This contest is open to residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years old or older. The deadline for entry submission is 10:00 AM PT on September 10, 2012.
Your essay must:
To enter the contest, send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recipe for Revenge” in the subject line. You must include the following information in the body of your email.
Winners will be chosen based on the essay’s originality, creativity, and capacity for achieving playful revenge.
Read the official rules below, and then get started on your revenge!
Sega of America, Inc.
“Hell Yeah!™ Wrath of the DEAD RABBIT”
Recipe for Revenge Contest
There is no purchase necessary to enter or to win.
1) Promotion Description: Sega of America, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is offering the ”Recipe for Revenge Contest” (the “Promotion”) and will determine winners based on judging all eligible entries against the criteria established in these Official Rules. The Promotion begins at 9:00:00 AM US Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 20, 2012 and the deadline for submission of entries is 10:00:00 AM PT on September 10, 2012 (“Submission Entry Period”).
2) Eligibility: Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories, Quebec and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3) Creating your Essay Submission: Prepare an essay of no more than five hundred (500) words describing “your best scenario for achieving playful revenge” (your “Essay Submission”). Your Essay Submission must: (a) be prepared in English and submitted as a word processed document; (b) consist of no more than five hundred (500) words; (c) be totally original, created by you, cannot be previously published or appear anywhere else and CANNOT contain any third party copyrighted material or otherwise infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of a third party; (d) be suitable for general audiences (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to references to nudity, pornography, profanity or gratuitous violence); (e) not contain the personal name of any individual; (f) not contain defamatory statements (including, but not limited to, words or thoughts that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (g) not include threats to any person, place, business, group or nation; and (h) not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate any law or regulation.
4) How to enter your Essay Submission: Send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Recipe for Revenge” in the subject line. Attach your Essay Submission as a Word Document to the e-mail. In the body of the e-mail include the following informational points (your “Entry”):
There is no limit to the number of different times you can enter, however, each Essay Submission must be new and completely different from any previous Essay Submission you have submitted and each must be submitted as a separate e-mail Entry. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person. By entering, you agree that you are assigning all ownership and usage rights to your Essay Submission to Sponsor in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
5) Judging and Winner Determination: Entries will be judged by a panel of marketers from Sponsor (“Judging Panel”) and will be judged and weighted equally on the following points: (a) originality; (b) creativity; and (c) the capacity for achieving playful revenge. The Judging Panel will determine three (3) winners. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an inadequate number of entries or entries of inadequate quality are received, Sponsor reserves the right NOT to determine any entries as winners or to determine any number of winners fewer than three (3). The decisions of the judging panel in all matters relating to this Promotion are final. Judging will be completed on or about September 14, 2012.
First Prize – A prize package consisting of one (1) of each of the following items: Hell Yeah! Statue with flash drive, Hell Yeah! Flash Drive, Hell Yeah! T-shirt and a FREE digital download of the Hell Yeah! game (PlayStation® 3 or XBOX360®), Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) one hundred ten USD ($110).
Second Prize – A prize package consisting of one (1) of each of the following: Hell Yeah! Flash Drive, Hell Yeah! T-shirt and a FREE digital download of the Hell Yeah! game (PlayStation® 3 or XBOX360®), ARV forty-five USD ($45).
Third Prize – a FREE digital download of the Hell Yeah! game (PlayStation® 3 or XBOX360®), ARV fifteen USD ($15).
There are a total of three (3) prizes available with a total ARV of one hundred seventy USD ($170).
7) Prize Awarding – Potential winners will be contacted within three (3) days of the conclusion of judging by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their Entry (“Prize Notification”) and asked to confirm prize acceptance and provide a mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. Potential winners must respond within five (5) days of Prize Notification with the requested information. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Return of Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, including any applicable import taxes on prizes, are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
8 ) General: If, during any period of the Promotion, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winners among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries that are incomplete, inaccurate, irregular, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, are void. All Entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Promotion and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
If Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an Entrant’s Essay Submission infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove the affected Essay Submission because of such infringement, such Essay Submission may be removed and disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Further, no Entrant will be named a winner unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such Entrant’s Essay Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such Entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Rules.
Past experience has shown a promotion such as this one may generate similar submissions which closely resemble concepts and ideas developed by the Promotion Entities whether before, during or after the Promotion. Entrants may see a presentation that seemingly incorporates an idea or concept or includes materials similar to that contained in their entry (e.g., Essay Submission). Any similarity may be purely coincidental and is always unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that the Promotion Entities routinely consider in the course of their content development. Consequently, the Promotion Entities must and have adopted policies and procedures to protect themselves from potential liability and claims and as part of these Official Rules requires all Entrants to agree (and Entrants do hereby agree) that: (a) the Promotion Entities may use any and all ideas, concepts, material and expression, in whole or in part, submitted or contained in a Promotion entry, or other material you submit, including, without limitation, the Essay Submissions and all copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein anywhere in the world in perpetuity; and (b) all entries and entry materials (including, without limitation, the Essay Submissions) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
9) Right to Use Your Work and Information About You: By participating, you: (a) represent and warrant that your Essay Submission is wholly original, not previously published, and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your Entry does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party; (b) automatically grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and publically display your Essay Submission; (c) agree that upon selection as a winner, you agree that your Essay Submission shall legally be considered a “work made for hire,” with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, transferred to and being the property of Sponsor; (d) in the event your Essay Submission is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” you irrevocably transfer and assign to Sponsor, all right, title, and interest in and to your Essay Submission (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade; and (e) agree that by entering your Essay Submission, you grant to Sponsor the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Essay Submission on any of its websites or in any of its products without any compensation. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor and its indirect and direct parent companies and their respective affiliated companies with respect to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
By submitting an Essay Submission, you grant to Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, the Essay Submission in your entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e‑mail address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor, its parent, and affiliated companies with respect to all Entrants in the Promotion, including non-winners and winners. Sponsor, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning or non-winning entries for any purpose.
10) Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants release Sponsor and its indirect and direct parent companies and their respective affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from (i) participating in this Promotion, (ii) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Promotion, and (iii) damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
11) Winners List: Winners will be announced at blogs.sega.com on or about September 25, 2012.
12) Sponsor: Sega of America, Inc., 350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.
13) Promotion Administrator: Extra Mile Marketing, 16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106, Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523.
SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Hell Yeah ! is either a registered trademark or trademark of Arkedo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES