Wednesday Aug 21, 2013
Gamescom 2013 has arrived! We’ve got great coverage lined up over the next couple of days, some awesome games to play if you’re able to make it to Germany, and hourly giveaways on Twitter. Here’s a sneak peak of what fans will see on the show floor through the rest of the week!
Gamescom General Information:
Sonic Lost World
Where: Nintendo of Europe booth
Sonic Lost World will have all-new playable levels in the latest demo! Swing by and check out it out on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
Total War: Rome II
Where: Koch booth
Head over to the Total War: Rome II booth to play the latest installment in the series with an opportunity to go hands on with the Battle of the Nile; a massive engagement on the shores of the famous river between Egypt and Rome’s combined naval and land forces.
Where: Cosmocover booth (Business Centre access only)
If you have access to the Business Centre, be sure to check out The Cave for iOS. Originally launched as a console digital title, The Cave runs amazingly smooth on our iPad 4 demo unit and envelops players with its intuitive tap and slide controls.
Hourly Giveaways on Twitter
During the show you’ll have a chance to score an exclusive SEGA Swag Pack on our Twitter! Follow us and be ready to enter when we Tweet how to win.
Where: @SEGA Twitter
- Wednesday, August 21st : Every Hour between 13:00 – 18:00* CEST (4:00am – 9:00am* PDT) *No giveaway at 17:00 CEST (8:00am PDT)
The SEGA Swag Pack includes:
- Sonic The Hedghog plushie
How It Works
1. You must be following us on Twitter to be eligible. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.)
2. At dates and times listed above, we will announce the prize we are giving away, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!) We only accept one direct message per person per prize!
We tweet “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!” (don’t actually DM this, it’s not the way to enter)
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner!
Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter!
3. All followers are eligible to win all prizes, unless a restriction is noted. Restrictions are usually due to the prize being region-locked. For example, US games that won’t work on UK gaming systems. There may also be age restrictions due to the rating of the game.
4. We will announce the winner on our Twitter feed once eligibility is confirmed.
Other Assorted Information:
- No, you can’t know what number message you were – so please don’t ask! We will tell you that the information is classified!
How to Send Direct Messages on Twitter
Due to a change in our account status with Twitter, you should be able to send us direct messages without us following you if you are using the Twitter website. However, third-party applications may not allow you to.
There are a few ways to send us a Direct Message on Twitter. The easiest way is:
1. Log in to your Twitter account.
You may also select the “direct messages” tab from your Twitter homepage, and select SEGA from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Again, if you don’t see our name there, it’s probably because we’re not following you. Let us know, and we’ll follow you. If you still have questions on sending direct messages, please visit Twitter’s Help Section.
There are also many Twitter clients that you can use instead of using the website. These include TweetDeck, Twitteriffic, Tweetie, and Twhirl. Each of these programs works differently, so you’ll want to figure out how to send a direct message on the program you use. If you want to send us a test message, we’ll let you know if we received it or not. Please make sure your message says “test” somewhere.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES