Friday Aug 30, 2013
We’re giving away a totally decked out custom Intel PC with an incredible Total War: ROME II paint job and all you have to do is come play the game inside the SEGA Booth (#142/242) at the Penny Arcade Expo!
The outside of the PC looks great and the inside isn’t too shabby either:
The Rome II demo is a lot of fun, featuring two historical battles with ranging difficulties for both beginners and established Total War players. If you’ve not played a Total War game or you have a pre-order locked in, we hope you can make it out and play the game! Once you’ve finished the demo, grab an entry card and pass it back to anyone working the ROME II demo to be entered to win, it’s that easy.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to on-site registered attendees of PAX, Washington Convention Center Seattle, WA, August 30-September 2, 2013 who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Void in Quebec, Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’ Ivoire, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, N. Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Zimbabwe and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Visit the SEGA exhibit at PAX and take a demonstration of TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game. Upon completing the demonstration you will receive an Ultimate TOTAL WAR™: ROME II Giveaway entry card (“Entry Card”). Complete the lower perforated section of the Entry Card with your first/last name, email address and phone number, detach and provide to any Sega representative. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(4) Data Collection – The personal information you provide in entering the Promotion is used only for the purposes of conducting the Promotion, selecting and notifying winners and will NOT be retained or used for any other purpose.
(5) Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a desktop PC, which is custom branded with TOTAL WAR™: ROME II graphics and the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,060 USD. Ten (10) First Place winners will receive the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, ARV $60 USD. There are eleven (11) winners with a total ARV of all prizes of $3,660 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about September 19, 2013. First Prize winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their entry (“Prize Notification”) and asked to confirm prize acceptance, age, date of birth, residency and provide a complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. The Grand Prize winner will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and a U.S. Tax Form 1099 (collectively “Affidavit”) which must be returned within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. If any potential winner is between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17), his/her parent or legal guardian must provide their information and accept the prize on behalf of their minor. Non-compliance with any of these requirements and/or the return of Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and the selection of an alternate winner. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, provincial or other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Information about Winners – The names of the winners will be available at http://bit.ly/UltimateRomeIIGiveaway on about October 1, 2013.
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. TOTAL WAR and the TOTAL WAR LOGO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. All rights reserved.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES