Thursday Jan 24, 2013
As part of PlayStation Network’s Thirteen for Thirteen sale, we have three SEGA games discounted for you, with special deals for PlayStation Plus members. Please keep in mind these sales are for North America only!
Here’s what’s up:
NiGHTS Into Dreams…
Jet Set Radio
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut
Tuesday Oct 25, 2011
Monday Oct 24, 2011
Wednesday Oct 19, 2011
More free stuff! And it’s Friday – Free Stuff … Friday! This week we have a fun collection of prizes, we return with a video, and we have a special guest! As you might have heard, we have a new community manager in the halls of SEGA – Kate! Prizes, details, Kate and Julian – all below in the video, enjoy!
On the Block
1. Sonic Headphones & Awesome Neon Sonic Shirt! The headphones! They are back and they are still awesome. Even more awesome – we have one of the coolest shirts we’ve seen in a while – it’s a hit amongst our team. Neon. Sonic. Lacking in awesome or wanting to boost your overall awesome – look no further!
2. The House of the Dead Overkill – Wii Press kit! It’s coming to PlayStation 3 next week, so we have some House of the Dead goodies to pass out in the form of a fake VHS video cassette. This outdated technology once was used to show moving pictures! Inside we have one post card and one shirt, as well as the special cassette box.
3. Happy Tree Friends Wacky Wobbler! This prize is a throwback to our Happy Tree Friends downloadable title and is pretty cool. Featuring character Flippy in full wobble format it is also signed by Ken Pontac, writer on the Happy Tree Friends series! A true collectible!
4. Sonic Boom Shirt, Sonic CD Lanyard, Sonic Generations Buttons, and Sega Bag! Wow, big prize pack here for a big Sonic fan! The Sonic Boom shirts and Sonic Generations buttons were passed out only at our Sonic Boom event, the Sonic CD Lanyard and SEGA bag was a special giveaway at our Penny Arcade Expo event. Sonic Boom shirt is available in Small, Medium, and Large
5. Sonic Mini Figures Classic Collectors Set! Also a hit from previous giveaways! This pack includes all your favorites including Sonic, Super Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, and more!
6. Aliens Infestation Lenticular Print & Frame! This Aliens Infestation lenticular celebrates the 2D pixel art from WayForward. Featuring a battle between alien and colonial marine – this piece is a pretty unique giveaway that we made to promote the recent Nintendo DS game.
How it Works
1. You must be following us on Twitter to be eligible. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.)
2. At random times on Friday, we will announce the prize we are giving away, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!)
We tweet “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner!
Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter!
3. All followers are eligible to win all prizes, unless a restriction is noted. Restrictions are usually due to the prize being region-locked. For example, US games that won’t work on UK gaming systems. There may also be age restrictions due to the rating of the game.
4. We will announce the winner on our Twitter feed once eligibility is confirmed.
How to Send Direct Messages on Twitter
Due to a change in our account status with Twitter, you should be able to send us direct messages without us following you.
There are a few ways to send us a Direct Message on Twitter. The easiest way is to go to our Twitter page and select “message” under the “Actions” heading in the side bar. If you do not see “message”, this means that we are not following you. Please send a message to @sega to let us know, and we will follow you. When you click “message” you will be taken to a window where you can type a message and press send.
You may also select the “direct messages” tab from your Twitter homepage, and select SEGA from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Again, if you don’t see our name there, it’s probably because we’re not following you. Let us know, and we’ll follow you.
There are also many Twitter clients that you can use instead of using the website. These include TweetDeck, Twitteriffic, Tweetie, and Twhirl. Each of these programs works differently, so you’ll want to figure out how to send a direct message on the program you use. If you want to send us a test message, we’ll let you know if we received it or not.
Wednesday Oct 19, 2011
Friday Oct 14, 2011
Wednesday Oct 05, 2011
New York Comic Con is coming up soon. What’s SEGA up to at the show? Well, we’ve got a few things up our sleeves. Although we don’t have our own booth on the convention floor this year, there will be SEGA games to play!
You can play Sonic Generations in the Archie booth (1630), as well as the Nintendo booth (1538). We had great crowds for the game at Archie’s booth at San Diego Comic Con, and we know New York can step up!
You can also play Shinobi in the Nintendo booth (1538).
Party with SEGA and Heavy.com Thursday Night
We’ve teamed up with Heavy.com to throw the Dead Man’s Ball for The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut! After preview night at Comic Con, get your House of the Dead costumes on (encouraged, but not required) and head over to Marquee to party with us!
Where: Marquee, 289 10th Avenue (between 26th & 27th St), New York NY
When: Thursday, October 13th from 9pm until midnight
It just wouldn’t be a trip to NYC without Aaron (RubyEclipse) and I having Junior’s Cheesecake at least once.. and this trip will be no exception. I’ve been a fan of theirs for years, and at I introduced him to to the wonders of Junior’s at New York Comic Con 2009. It was a particularly stressful show for a few (not important) reasons, and as we walked back to our hotel after the last day of the show, I looked at him and simply said “follow me. You need cheesecake.” He resisted at first, but then we ended up with this.
… and then last year at NYCC, there was this.
With many other slices of cheesecake (and even ordering it to be FedExed to us and bringing it home on planes) in between.
You can bet that we’ll keep the food blog going while we’re in NYC!
Thursday Sep 29, 2011
Tuesday Sep 27, 2011
These screenshots are in RED-CYAN anaglyphic 3D. That means you’ll need paper glasses with a red lens and a cyan lens to see them correctly.
The king of all mutant killing sprees just got deeper! If you’re the proud owner of a 3D TV, you can use using stereoscopic 3D to experience hard core bullets and brain matter so real you’ll need a damp towel. But even if you’re more of a retro gamer at heart then you can don your paper 3D glasses and enable anaglyphic 3D for the full 1970s grindhouse experience!
If you live in Europe, pick your copy up on release day and get 2 sets of paper 3D glasses at no additional cost! So we’ll provide the mutants and the glasses, and all you have to do is kill every last one of them. Of course the offer is subject to availability and there’s limited stock, so act quickly!
“The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut on Playstation 3 now features anaglyphic and stereoscopic 3D! So whether you have a state-of-the-art 3D TV or a 1970s home cinema system you can enjoy the most gruesome mutant mayhem in 3D! Bring your own popcorn.” said Gary Knight of SEGA.
Experience 3D so real, you’ll still be crying late into the night! There’s Move support as well as standard DualShock controls, so you’ll place every shot right between the eyes! The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut is due for release October 28th, 2011 in Europe, and October 25th in the United States for Playstation Move for the Playstation 3.
These screenshots are in RED-CYAN anaglyphic 3D. That means you’ll need paper glasses with a red lens and a cyan lens to see them correctly. House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut supports RED-CYAN and GREEN-MAGENTA Anaglyphic 3D as well as active and passive Stereoscopic 3D.
Friday Sep 23, 2011
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES