Thursday Sep 25, 2014
Total War: ATTILA is the next installment in the multi award-winning Total War series of strategy games.
The Dark Ages approach. A time of famine, disease and war, where refugees in their thousands flee from a sweeping tide of destruction and death. Desperate barbaric tribes rally against the ailing might of a dying and divided Roman empire; the light of civilization gutters and dims. In the great steppes of Scythia, a vast and terrifying force gathers, led by a warrior king whose thirst for conquest is utterly unequaled.
The Scourge of God, the very herald of the apocalypse, Attila the Hun.
Total War: ATTILA introduces exciting new gameplay mechanics which improve and add to numerous core turn-based and real-time Total War systems. The world will darken around you as Attila’s forces descend on your homeland creating a unique vision of survival strategy.
“With Total War: ATTILA we will create a Total War game that will challenge and enthrall fans of the series,” said Janos Gaspar, project lead on ATTILA. “We’re reintroducing some features that fans have been asking for, such as family trees and skill trees, and improving many of the core aspects of Total War we know are important to them. But to really bring the period to life, we’re building on these foundations with many new strategic features for them to consider, such as advanced street-fighting, civilians, complete settlement destruction and dynamic fire that can rage across a city as armies clash. We want to push players to the limits of their skill to survive against the odds, and to love every minute of it.”
Total War: ATTILA is due for release in 2015 on Windows PC and Mac. For more information, please visit www.totalwar.com.
Thursday Sep 25, 2014
SEGA is headed to this year’s EGX London show from September 25th to September 28th. The show will feature a chance to come out and meet our SEGA teams, play our games, and even walk away with some special giveaways. Read on for all the details…
Alien: Isolation is a first-person survival horror game capturing the fear and tension evoked by Ridley Scott’s 1979 classic film. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.
Replica Jacket Giveaway: Following in the footsteps of Penny Arcade Expo, the Eurogamer Expo features a chance to walk away with an Alien: Isolation jacket! We’re giving out one jacket a day for the fastest completion times on our Survivor Mode demo. For those that don’t make the top spot, we’re giving away Alien: Isolation tshirts for anyone in the top 10. Come by the SEGA booth and play to win in our Survivor Mode challenge!
Launching on October 7, 2014 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC – Alien: Isolation almost here!
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd, the sequel to the ultimate rhythm game featuring the world’s most popular virtual singer, produced by Crypton Future Media, INC, will also be available for show goers and fans. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd features 20 classic songs from the previously Japan-only PSP games making their first debut in the West and 20 brand new songs to the Project DVIA series. SEGA will be showcasing the recently announced English lyrics for the eagerly awaited title, launching on November 18, 2014 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Be sure to stop by the booth for a shot at one of the limited edition Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd lanyards! We only have a limited supply available for the show!
Once again SEGA are sponsoring the Leftfield Collection, a hub for all of the best indie games to showcase their bedroom projects and get instant feedback from indie game lovers during the expo. The Leftfield Collection will be situated on the 1st floor of the expo amongst the Retro Gaming and Competitive Gaming sections. SEGA will be using key members of our development teams to judge each game and award prizes to the best selected. Be sure to stop by and check out the collection!
Friday Sep 19, 2014
This weekend only you have a fast pass to Fever Mode! Before you start a new level of Sonic Jump Fever you will be asked to jump. Not in game, but in real life. Hold your phone and jump up and down.
No… not that wimpy jump. Really JUMP!
Get into it like these guys and you will get launched into Fever Mode at the beginning of the level!
So don’t wait, get in the game and get your jump on!
Wednesday Sep 17, 2014
Get your ears ready for some Sonic tunes, because there are 5 new albums now available on iTunes (worldwide) and Amazon MP3 (US Only).
Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack vol.1
Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack vol.2
Sonic The Hedgehog “Passion & Pride” Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era – Vox Collection
Sonic The Hedgehog “Passion & Pride” Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era – Instrumental Collection-
It Doesn’t Matter -RMX 2.014k-
Friday Sep 12, 2014
Today, we have an important comment policy update for anyone who comments on the SEGA blog, SEGA forums, and the SEGA or Sonic the Hedgehog social media accounts.
We love our fans. As community managers, we interact with our fans each and every day. We try to solve problems, provide informational updates, and spread the enjoyment of SEGA’s brands and products. As part of that, we often like to highlight both the people that work here at SEGA, but also our dedicated fans. Sometimes this is in the form of behind-the-scenes photos from events or our offices, and sometimes this is to highlight prize winners or cosplayers. But we’ve noticed a disturbing trend lately – people posting mean or inappropriate comments on these photos.
Therefore, we are putting a new policy in place across all of SEGA’s community and social channels – if you make a personal attack or otherwise inappropriate comment, we will delete your comment and we will ban or block you from our page/channel.
It’s really just that simple. Our fans may not always agree with us or with each other, but we all need to respect each other on a fundamental, human level. We want our communities to be a place of positivity, where we can celebrate the enthusiasm of our fans, and not a place for fear or malice.
Monday Sep 08, 2014
Dragon Coins introduces player-versus-player combat with the Arena! Assemble your elite monsters and allow their new arena skills to dominate. Enter the Arena to fight teams created by other players. Earn red battle coins and spend them to summon monsters with powerful offensive and defensive skills.
Dragon Coins combines monster collecting with arcade-style coin dozer fun. Master the drop and charge up your monsters for attacks by dropping coins on the moving platform.
Use deft timing and skillful positioning to execute powerful combos while collecting hundreds of unique monsters with special powers. Swap monsters on your team to take advantage of special powers or the elemental weaknesses of enemies. Team up with friends for tougher challenges. Evolve and fuse monsters to level up stats and special powers. Participate in ranking events to win fantastic prizes.
With tons of missions, hundreds of collectible monsters and regular raid boss events, Dragon Coins will keep players battling for ages!
Download the game and become a Coin Master!
Thursday Sep 04, 2014
Get your bounce on in the newest addition to the Super Monkey Ball franchise.
(Don’t fret, AiAi is definitely involved.) This isn’t like the Super Monkey Ball you have played in the past.
Think of it more as inspired by SEGA’s pachinko roots and the mini-games that were so iconic in the original console version.
You will start the game playing as AiAi and watch as all of the characters you remember from the classic games – including Baby, GonGon and YanYan – get captured. Play through the levels and save them from bosses at the end of each area.
Each monkey has a special power that will help you through the next area. With AiAi you get a predictive shot, Baby gives you an extra bouncy ball, and YanYan shows off with a double shot.
Not every level has the same design. Expect to run into different types of levels throughout the game including Tiki Topple, Puzzler and Survivor. Here’s a tip: when you are playing a Survivor puzzle and you only have one shot, really think about how to use the environment to nail it. There are 119 levels to explore, but you’ll see more released in the coming months.
Share the fun. Play with your friends when you connect to Facebook and see who gets the highest scores. As a last bit of fun you can also get costumes for your monkeys. When you play the (wheel) there is a chance for you to win a costume unique to each monkey!
The App Store: http://bit.ly/SMBBfbA
Google Play: Coming Soon
Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
We’re so excited to announce that voice actors from the Sonic Boom TV show and games will be appearing live at the Sonic Boom fan event in New York City on Saturday, October 4th.
Roger Craig Smith (the voice of Sonic), Colleen Villard (the voice of Tails), Travis Willingham (the voice of Knuckles), Cindy Robinson (the voice of Amy), Nika Futterman (the voice of Sticks), and Mike Pollock (the voice of Dr. Eggman) will all be on stage for a special live TV show script reading, as well as available for meet & greets and autographs!
In addition to these special guests, we’ll have musical performances, meet & greet, and autograph sessions from Jun Senoue, Tomoya Ohtani, Ted Poley, and Tony Harnell. Takashi Iizuka from Sonic Team will also be attending, and available for meet & greets and autographs. We’ll also have Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal available for you to play, as well as giveaways and other great surprises! Get your tickets now and join us for this special Sonic celebration!
Friday Aug 22, 2014
Sad to say, but it’s almost the end of summer. For some, the end of summer means the start of … school. So we figured we’d try and make that transition as awesome as possible with three Back to School backpacks! See below for the prize details…
On the Block
1. Sonic Backpack
2. Sonic Backpack
3. Sonic Backpack with hood! Basically, this is the best thing ever. Such a cool backpack!
How it Works
1. You must have a Twitter account and be following @SEGA on Twitter to be eligible. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.
2. Giveaways start around 11am Pacific Time on Fridays. We tweet a message with instructions and participants send a Direct Message (commonly called DM) in return. Send a Direct Message changes depending on what Twitter client you are using, we recommend reading this helpful tutorial before the giveaway day.
Note: @SEGA is verified, you can send a Direct Message without being followed. This is totally against everything Twitter has taught you about Direct Messages, but it really works.
Example of a typical giveaway:
@SEGA Tweets: “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner! Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter! (Note, this is just an example, please do not Direct Message this example phrase).
3. We will announce the winner the following week across our blog in the next Free Stuff Friday giveaway. Please read the official rules at the end of this post to confirm eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’ve never used twitter before, how does it work?
Q: How do Direct Messages work again?
Q: How can I be sure my Direct Messages are reaching you?
Q: I have a question for SEGA on Friday, around 11am Pacific Time, why aren’t you responding?
Q: I won a Sonic Shirt that’s too small for me, can I exchange it?
Official Rules & Regulations
Sega of America, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter.
Age of Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-one (21) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
How to Enter: Sponsor will announce the prize we are awarding, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!)
How Many Times You Can Enter: Limit of one (1) direct message per person per prize.
How Winner(s) Will Be Determined: Winners will be randomly determined on an “nth entry basis”; i.e. For example, Sponsor will randomly which entrant will be selected for a given prize; i.e. the 50th or 100th.
How Winner(s) Will Be Notified: Winners will be notified on Twitter through Direct Messages (DM) as well as through email.
Where and When Winner(s) Will be Announced:Winners will be announced at least one week after the promotion starts on the SEGA Blog (blogs.sega.com).
(2) Eligibility – The following are NOT eligible to participate: Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The promotion is void in all countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran Iraq, Liberia (the former regime of Charles Taylor), Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Please note that the list of sanctions countries ca change at any time, however, a current list can always be located at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs
Further, the promotion is void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
(3) Entering the Promotion – Creation of false accounts on Twitter is prohibited. (Message, data rates or other charges may apply if you are participating via the use of a SMART mobile device; check your mobile plan for rates and details. Participation may not be available on all carriers.) In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by the online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning the accounts. You may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(6) Prize Awarding – If you are potential winner and a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, your parent or legal guardian must accept the prize on your behalf by providing their name and complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. If you do not respond to the Sponsor’s Prize Notification Message by the date indicated in the message, the prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. If you have provided an invalid or inaccurate email address or postal mailing address for the purpose of prize fulfillment any returned communication or prize items will be forfeited and in this event at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate may be selected. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – At the conclusion of any given Promotion or prize winning cycle and the selection or naming of the published winner(s) for that Weekly Promotion Period or prize winning cycle, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has the right to modify any rule associated with the Promotion including but not limited to the requirement for entry, number of entries you can receive, the number and value of prizes available and the deadline for entry or participation prize winning activity including, or at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to discontinue the Promotion completely.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Twitter and Promotion Entities from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
Thursday Aug 14, 2014
ROME II players will find their game updated via Steam today with a new, free content pack. The August Warriors Update adds unique units such as the Hex-Bearers, Amazonian Riders and Scythian Noblewomen to several playable factions, and includes a significant upgrade to the Suebi roster.
Also available for purchase today, the Daughters of Mars Unit Pack brings fearsome new warriors to ROME II. Whether in defence of their homelands or called upon to fulfil their part in glorious conquest, female combatants featured throughout the ancient world. Adding a swift and deadly mix of fighting styles and abilities to the fray, generals will wisely place value on those who aspire to be the avatars of the war gods themselves!
Daughters of Mars expands the faction rosters of Rome, the Lusitani, the Suebi and Sparta. These new units can also be hired as mercenaries from specific provinces, whichever faction you play as.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES