Wednesday Apr 09, 2014
Free Stuff Friday will be returning to the SEGA Twitter account this Friday! We’ve got four hand picked prizes that we think you’ll really like. A little bit of old, a little bit of new, something classic, something blue. We hope to see you this Friday for our giveaway!
On the Block
How it Works
1. You must have a Twitter account and be following @SEGA on Twitter to be eligible. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.
2. Giveaways start around 11am Pacific Time on Fridays. We tweet a message with instructions and participants send a Direct Message (commonly called DM) in return. Send a Direct Message changes depending on what Twitter client you are using, we recommend reading this helpful tutorial before the giveaway day.
Note: @SEGA is verified, you can send a Direct Message without being followed. This is totally against everything Twitter has taught you about Direct Messages, but it really works.
Example of a typical giveaway:
@SEGA Tweets: “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner! Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter! (Note, this is just an example, please do not Direct Message this example phrase).
3. We will announce the winner the following week across our blog in the next Free Stuff Friday giveaway. Please read the official rules at the end of this post to confirm eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’ve never used twitter before, how does it work?
Q: How do Direct Messages work again?
Q: How can I be sure my Direct Messages are reaching you?
Q: I have a question for SEGA on Friday, around 11am Pacific Time, why aren’t you responding?
Q: I won a Sonic Shirt that’s too small for me, can I exchange it?
Official Rules & Regulations
Sega of America, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter.
Age of Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-one (21) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
How to Enter: Sponsor will announce the prize we are awarding, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!)
How Many Times You Can Enter: Limit of one (1) direct message per person per prize.
How Winner(s) Will Be Determined: Winners will be randomly determined on an “nth entry basis”; i.e. For example, Sponsor will randomly which entrant will be selected for a given prize; i.e. the 50th or 100th.
How Winner(s) Will Be Notified: Winners will be notified on Twitter through Direct Messages (DM) as well as through email.
Where and When Winner(s) Will be Announced:Winners will be announced at least one week after the promotion starts on the SEGA Blog (blogs.sega.com).
(2) Eligibility – The following are NOT eligible to participate: Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The promotion is void in all countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran Iraq, Liberia (the former regime of Charles Taylor), Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Please note that the list of sanctions countries ca change at any time, however, a current list can always be located at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs
Further, the promotion is void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
(3) Entering the Promotion – Creation of false accounts on Twitter is prohibited. (Message, data rates or other charges may apply if you are participating via the use of a SMART mobile device; check your mobile plan for rates and details. Participation may not be available on all carriers.) In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by the online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning the accounts. You may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(6) Prize Awarding – If you are potential winner and a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, your parent or legal guardian must accept the prize on your behalf by providing their name and complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. If you do not respond to the Sponsor’s Prize Notification Message by the date indicated in the message, the prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. If you have provided an invalid or inaccurate email address or postal mailing address for the purpose of prize fulfillment any returned communication or prize items will be forfeited and in this event at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate may be selected. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – At the conclusion of any given Promotion or prize winning cycle and the selection or naming of the published winner(s) for that Weekly Promotion Period or prize winning cycle, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has the right to modify any rule associated with the Promotion including but not limited to the requirement for entry, number of entries you can receive, the number and value of prizes available and the deadline for entry or participation prize winning activity including, or at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to discontinue the Promotion completely.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Twitter and Promotion Entities from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
Tuesday Apr 01, 2014
Rappy Bird puts an old-school SEGA spin on a modern classic. Play it now!
April Fools! We hope you enjoyed our update yesterday and were able to pick out that this was actually not real. We did make the game and will keep it open for your enjoyment. Got a top score, post in the comments!
Friday Mar 28, 2014
SEGA announced that fans of their critically acclaimed strategy game Company of Heroes 2 will see a standalone multiplayer offering launching in June this year for $19.99. Each individual army will also be available as a standalone purchase for $12.99 via digital download, providing new players with a minimal entry point into the massive Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer community.
Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies brings players back to the Western Front first introduced in the original award-winning Company of Heroes™. The Western Front Armies introduces two unique collections of new content – the US Forces and the German Oberkommando West. Each army has distinctive tactical gameplay options, new infantry, team weapons, vehicles, abilities and upgrades on a total of eight seasonal multiplayer maps set on the Western Front. The Western Front Armies also includes a new progression system that introduces other unique content into the game and enables players to dive deeper into the tactical and strategic aspects of the game than ever before.
All Company of Heroes 2 players can then battle across 31 maps (along with more than 1000 community maps available on Steam Workshop) in auto-match multiplayer, regardless of what content they already own, even if they have just purchased the new Western Front Armies.
“We know how much fans love the setting of the original game and we have responded to their request to revisit the Western Front,” said Greg Wilson, Executive Producer at Relic Entertainment. “By offering Western Front focused content to Company of Heroes 2, we are giving players a brand new set of tactical options that significantly expand their multiplayer experience. At the same time, it has never been easier for new players to get access to our vast multiplayer community.“
Western Front Armies Features
US Forces: Wield the mighty power of Eisenhower’s Allied army with brand new abilities and strategies
Oberkommando West: A completely new take on the German forces brings brand new abilities and new strategies to the frontline
The Western Front: Expand the war to the popular Western Front theater of combat, featuring breathtaking new environments, that bring realism and vibrancy never before seen in the game
New Maps: Eight stunning new maps join the extensive collection of 23 existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as over 1,000 community created maps available on the Steam workshop
Intense Online Combat: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries across the globe
Every Battle Tells A Story: Experience the up-close moment-to-moment brutality of frontline warfare and control the battle through your military prowess
For more information on Company of Heroes 2, please see companyofheroes.com.
Thursday Mar 27, 2014
The latest DLC for Sonic Lost World is here and it’s LEGENDARY! In The Legend of Zelda Zone, Sonic takes on a new quest, wears a new outfit, and explores a world inspired by one of Nintendo’s greatest characters. Available now to download for FREE on Wii U, Sonic will speed across the land wearing Link’s iconic green tunic while the hero himself flies on his Loftwing from Skyward Sword. Classic Zelda locations, such as Hyrule Field and Dodongo’s Cavern, were the inspiration for this downloadable content. Players are able to use Black Bomb Color Powers to uncover secret rooms, find hidden chests, and gain exciting rewards. There’s plenty of surprises in store for even the biggest Zelda fans (including Cuccos!).
Tuesday Mar 25, 2014
Following a fantastic reception to the PS3 and PS VITA release of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in North America and Europe, SEGA is proud to announce that we will be bringing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd to the West later this year!
That’s right. You’re not dreaming. We believed in all of you and we asked for your support – and you gave it to us without reservation. It was your supportive comments, your encouraging words at every place we showed the game, and your drive that made all the difference. Some of you bought the game twice – others three or even four times. But whether you picked it up once or four times, all of you helped make Miku a success, and still do. Thank you so much for that.
Now, it’s our turn to believe in you once more.
This fall, we will be releasing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd for both the Playstation 3 and the Playstation VITA. Project DIVA F 2nd features similar but improved gameplay over the first game, with a whopping 40 songs – a collection of the best new songs, and some of the most loved classic songs, previously only available in the Japanese releases. You can check out two of those in our trailer!
Besides 40 songs and four difficulties for each in the Rhythm Game, players can look forward to the return of the impressive Edit Mode feature, which lets you build your very own videos and Rhythm games using all of the in-game assets, and share them online with the world. It has seen notable improvements over the first version, and we can’t wait to see what amazing creations you all will build with it!
And finally, because we like good news, I’ll drop a hint here that we have some fun stuff in the works for our Western release.
I’m pleased to confirm one of those things right now: We will be releasing a Packaged version of the game for both the Playstation 3 and the PS VITA!
One of the primary comments we saw across the internet over the last year was that PS3 owners loved their physical copies, and that so many PS VITA owners wished one was available. We begin our campaign today by announcing that whichever platform you own, you’ll be able to reserve a physical copy of DIVA F 2nd when it releases!
We’ll have much more news regarding Project DIVA F 2nd as we near E3, but in the meantime, we hope this news has made your day a little brighter.
Thank you all once more for supporting us, and here’s to the future of Hatsune Miku in the West!
Friday Mar 14, 2014
A SEGA themed Humble Bundle is now available! For the next week, gamers can grab four classic SEGA titles for donations of less than $5.99 while larger donations will reap bigger benefits in a three tiered system. How does it work? We’re glad you asked, it’s super easy…
Three Different Packs
Donate $5.99 or more to access the second tier and SEGA will throw in another Steam key which will download Typing of the Dead: OVERKILL, Binary Domain, Medieval II: Total War, SEGA Genesis Collection, and Renegade Ops.
Give to SEGA, Give to Charity
All packs contain some really amazing SEGA games that are worth playing, or gifting to a friend!
Friday Mar 14, 2014
One of SEGA’s most iconic franchises is returning with a brand new game: Crazy Taxi: City Rush. The creator of the original Crazy Taxi arcade hit, Kenji Kanno, and one of SEGA’s top mobile developers, Hardlight Studios, are teaming up to reimagine Crazy Taxi for a new generation of mobile gamers.
Crazy Taxi: City Rush captures the Crazy Taxi spirit with one-touch, intuitive controls that let everyone enjoy a fun and frantic ride through an all-new big city setting. No mission is too crazy, no stunt too dangerous, and no passenger too outrageous… everything goes! Swipe to quickly change lanes, whip around corners, and launch off sidewalks and ramps to send your cab soaring through the air.
“I’m very excited to finally be able to share with you the first news of Crazy Taxi: City Rush,” said Executive Producer and creator of the arcade original, Kenji Kanno. “We are delivering a truly fun game that captures everything our fans love about the original and infusing it with several new features to create an even more fantastic and memorable experience.”
Free to download and play for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices, Crazy Taxi: City Rush was designed exclusively for mobile and will release globally later this year.
Tuesday Feb 25, 2014
Get a look behind the scenes of the Sonic Boom game and TV show!
We are also pleased to confirm the English language voice talent and voice director for the Sonic Boom videogame and TV series:
• Sonic Roger Craig Smith
• Dr Eggman Mike Pollock
• Tails Colleen Villard
• Knuckles Travis Willingham
• Amy Cindy Robinson
• Orbot Kirk Thornton
• Cubot Wally Wingert
• Voice Director Jack Fletcher
The full list of cast names will be available at a later date.
Tuesday Feb 18, 2014
In a bitterly fought contest between two giants of the strategy game genre only one community would emerge victorious. The Total War community fought valiantly but ultimately swords and trebuchets proved no match for tanks and automatic weapons as Company of Heroes 2 emerged victorious in this unique Steam event.
To the victor goes the spoils and the valiant efforts of the Company of Heroes 2 community have earned all Company of Heroes 2 owners the opportunity to download two brand new commander packs on Steam, for free, until February 22, 2014, 10:00 AM PST.
Company of Heroes 2 Free DLC
Soviet Commander: Advanced Warfare Tactics. He will help you gain vital intelligence and exploit enemy movements with PPSH equipped conscripts and the most powerful incarnation of the vaunted T-34 tank armed with a hard hitting 85mm cannon.
German Commander: Close Air Support Doctrine will help you gain tactical air supremacy over your foes by providing close Air Support and cover for frontline engagements by utilizing the powerful weapons of the versatile JU-87 and its destructive power.
A full list of abilities for both commanders can be found on the Steam product page here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38625
Giving players another reason to celebrate today, Relic also released a brand new update for Company of Heroes 2, introducing several new features. The ‘Aftermath’ adds Battle Servers to the game, improving the multiplayer quality for matches involving slower internet connections. The update also streamlines the surrender process, adds a new map list and will see the first community created map get integrated into the game.
“Tally ho losers. We kicked your butts!” said Jeffery Simpson, Community Manager for Company of Heroes 2. “Massive congratulations to the awesome Company of Heroes 2 community. Go and download your reward now, you’ve earned it!”
Friday Feb 14, 2014
Starting today and through the Valentine’s Day weekend, download Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse for only $4.99 USD on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch! Get into the spirit of love and help Mickey rescue Minnie from the evil witch Mizrabel.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES