Tuesday Jun 16, 2015
Celebrate E3 with us! As part of PlayStation Network’s E3 sale, we have four different SEGA games discounted for you, with special deals for PlayStation Plus members. Please keep in mind these sales are for the Americas only!
Tuesday Nov 11, 2014
It’s a Super Sonic PSN sale!
Get these great Sonic games and DLC packs at a discount from the PSN store, November 11th – November 18th.
The following games are on sale for 50% off (60% off if you’re a PS Plus member):
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
The following DLC packs are 50% off (75% if you are a PS Plus Member):
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition Pack (PS3 – DLC)
This sale is only for consumers in North America and Latin America.
Tuesday Nov 11, 2014
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal are now available at retailers in North America! Following the U.S. premiere of Sonic’s first CGI animated TV series Sonic Boom on Cartoon Network and a full merchandising program, these two games are cornerstones of the newly created Sonic Boom universe and expand the Sonic Boom vision for fans. Set in the same world as the Sonic Boom animated TV series, Sonic and team – including new friend Sticks – work together to stop the evil villain- Lyric! Gamers play as multiple characters, each with their own abilities, as they explore, fight and speed through an undiscovered land.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric exclusively for the Wii U system, is an original game developed by Southern California based studio Big Red Button Entertainment in collaboration with Sonic Team and its head Takashi Iizuka. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric finds Sonic and his friends Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as they release a powerful snake-like villain named Lyric from an ancient tomb sealed deep within an island. The group must put aside their differences and work together as a team to save the world from Lyric’s evil plan and his army of war mongering robots!
Nintendo 3DS exclusive title, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, was developed by the Northern California based Sanzaru Games Inc. in collaboration with Sonic Team. In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Amy discovers a secret ancient language and manuscript detailing the history and whereabouts of a Lost Crystal of Power. The evil and vile villain, Lyric, kidnaps Amy in his eagerness to get his claws on this long-forgotten power that has been hidden throughout the jungles and canyons of a mysterious new island.
The Sonic Boom titles deliver totally different experiences than previous Sonic games with collaborative gameplay at their core, all while featuring the traditional element of Sonic and his adventures – SPEED. Taking advantage of the innovative hardware of both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Sonic Boom introduces exploration, combat and a new Enerbeam gadget that allows the Sonic Boom world to be discovered in totally unique ways.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for Wii U is available at retailers in North America at an MSRP of $49.99 with a rating of “E10+ for Everyone 10 and up” by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for Nintendo 3DS is available at retailers in North America at a MSRP of $39.99 and is rated “E for Everyone” by the ESRB.
Wednesday Nov 05, 2014
Today, on the eve of one of the most popular periods in Sonic the Hedgehog franchise history, SEGA announces its action-packed Sonic Boom November with a game demo, features for Nintendo 3DS, and a must-see TV tune-in!
Fans can get ready for two eagerly-anticipated new games arriving on November 11 — Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U system developed by LA-based Big Red Button, and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, developed by Sanzaru Games of San Francisco. Before Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal hits Nintendo 3DS, fans will get a first-look demo available online and at retail beginning today! Wii U fans need not worry, a demo for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will release on December 4.
To help celebrate the release of Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for Nintendo 3DS, all new Sonic Boom Puzzle Swap panel will hit the Mii Plaza. Additionally, fans of customization will be able to trick out their Nintendo 3DS with a Sonic Boom menu theme, available for free via the Nintendo eShop on November 11.
For the first time ever, the rich realms of the franchise’s Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles will be blended with Sonic’s first CG-animated TV series, debuting on Cartoon Network! The series will premiere on Saturday, November 8 at 7:00 AM in the U.S., with a global rollout in France on Canal J on November 19 and on Gulli in spring 2015. The Middle East will launch in spring 2015 with other territories to follow in fall 2015. Be sure to tune in!
Announced earlier this year, Sonic Boom is a brand new branch of the Sonic Universe that, in addition to gaming, will include a first-ever CG-animated TV series on Cartoon Network in the U.S. as well as a robust merchandising program anchored by master toy partner TOMY.
Monday Nov 03, 2014
Sonic fans love merchandise. So we’re excited to announce a robust lineup of merchandising and promotional partners that will be racing to retail throughout the year. These partners are focused in several key categories including toys, apparel, and food & beverage.
Sonic Boom’s overall broad licensing program will be one of the biggest license initiatives SEGA has undertaken in recent years. SEGA has lined up best-in-class retailers, including Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, JCPenney, Kohl’s and Barnes & Noble, to feature an array of offerings from partners such as Archie Comics, Bioworld, Fifth Sun, Bakery Crafts, Isaac Morris, and Bulls I Toy for brand new Sonic Boom toys, comics, apparel, and novelty. Also joining are Accessory Innovations, Franco, Rubies, Howard Keys, teNeues, and World Tech Toys – covering back-to-school, bedding, costumes, housewares, calendars, and remote control vehicles for North America and Mexico in 2015.
The program will be anchored by new master toy partner TOMY, who will showcase the new character looks, stressing interaction between core characters, and feature new play patterns based on both the games and TV series. The toy line will be fueled by TOMY innovation and energized with speed, lights, sounds, motion-activation, and action-performance and include
SEGA has lined up additional creative promotional partners to pair with the video game icon. Sonic and his iconic shade of blue will be making their way into a special Sonic Boom branded version of the classic ICEE Blue Raspberry flavor. The promotional flavor will be available nationwide, and feature a custom designed ICEE and Sonic Boom 24-ounce cup, along with the opportunity to win prizes and unlock bonus game content from Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U system. Sonic and his friends will also be partnering with Del Taco to create a multiplatform campaign with in-restaurant, social media, and radio promotional components in top national markets such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas and Miami.
“The evolution of Sonic Boom is set to take off at lightning speed, and we are racing toward new and innovative ways to bring this new branch of the beloved Hedgehog to life”, said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America. “Sonic the Hedgehog has over 20 years of history to his name, and we have lined up partners and merchandisers to create a program that will tie every facet of Sonic’s world together.”
Tuesday Oct 28, 2014
Are you ready for Halloween this Friday? Do you need a few extra pumpkins to ward off evil spirits or entice more costumers to visit for candy? We’ve got you covered! Pick from Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Hatsune Miku, and Ai Ai from the downloading the images below.
Already have a SEGA themed Jack o’ Lantern? Show us! Post in the comments below, or email us at communityteam (at) sega (dot) com.
Sonic the Hedgehog
All carving should be done by adults or by kids under close adult supervision.
1. Draw your design on the pumpkin beforehand.
2. Cut the top and any large areas with a sharp, straight-edged knife and use slow steady saw strokes. A dull blade is not a safer alternative. Please remember to carve away from yourself and to never hold the knife in a stabbing position. All carving should be done by adults or by kids under close adult supervision.
3. Scoop out seeds and stringy ﬂesh.
4. Remove carved portions by gently pushing them into or out of the pumpkin.
5. Please ensure that you make design holes large enough to provide adequate ventilation for the candle and make sure the ﬂame is not too close to the top of the pumpkin.
Wednesday Oct 22, 2014
Happy Halloween from all of us at SEGA!
We’re getting into the Halloween spirit with a some special SEGA themed treats. We challenged ourselves to create edible treats modeled after our SEGA brands and are happy to share them with you today. We pulled inspiration from our games, from the web, and collaborated on the following treats.
Did we nail it, or do they need work? Let us know in the comments!
House of the Dead Cupcakes
Don’t call them zombies! These mutant cupcakes are hit with the undead, dead, slightly dead, mostly alive, and, of course, the living. There are a ton of graveyard related cupcakes on Pinterest to draw inspiration from, so find the one you like best.
Pro-tip: Find mutant themed cake toppers or find some gummy body parts to dress up your creation.
Sonic’s Golden Ring Treats
These special Golden Ring treats are easy to make and something the whole family could enjoy. Grab the recipe here and show us your own creations!
These treats are easy to make and easy to enjoy, yum!
Crazy Taxi Cupcakes
These cupcakes take a steady hand when making the details of the Taxi. Be sure to use gel frosting so it doesn’t drop off.
Super Monkey Ball Cake Pops
We used dipping chocolate and could have used more oil for better coating. We also could have used a different color to make the skin and hair look different.
Puzzle Pirates – Pizza Treasure Map
X marks the spot of flavor (and bell peppers).
The Royal Jelly is a massive gelatinous cube with a short fuse who loves to throw his weight around. Knights who venture into Tier 2 of the Clockworks know to run for cover when this boss goes into a royal Tantrum! Whip up some Jello to create a likeness of this regal jelly.
Training to become a Coin Master begins with these basic monsters. Use your favorite cake pop recipe to create your favorite common monsterlet. This will be the tastiest Dragon Coins mission ever! Here’s a handy guide for cake pops: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Cake-Pops-Step-By-Step/
Send Us Your SEGA Themed Halloween Treats!
How did we do? Are our snacks delicious treats or terrible tricks? Think you can do better? Then show us your creations by emailing us at communityteam (at) sega (dot) com with your treat and it’s inspiration. If it’s good enough, we might just show it off for all SEGA fans to see.
Wednesday Sep 17, 2014
Get your ears ready for some Sonic tunes, because there are 5 new albums now available on iTunes (worldwide) and Amazon MP3 (US Only).
Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack vol.1
Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack vol.2
Sonic The Hedgehog “Passion & Pride” Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era – Vox Collection
Sonic The Hedgehog “Passion & Pride” Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era – Instrumental Collection-
It Doesn’t Matter -RMX 2.014k-
Thursday Sep 04, 2014
The Sonic Boom bags at PAX were so popular, Kellie and I decided both Sonic and SEGA weekly giveaways would be dedicated to giving out more bags! So for this Free Stuff Friday, we’re offering three Sonic Boom bags to fans. See you tomorrow!
How it Works
1. You must have a Twitter account and be following @SEGA on Twitter to be eligible. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.
2. Giveaways start around 11am Pacific Time on Fridays. We tweet a message with instructions and participants send a Direct Message (commonly called DM) in return. Send a Direct Message changes depending on what Twitter client you are using, we recommend reading this helpful tutorial before the giveaway day.
Note: @SEGA is verified, you can send a Direct Message without being followed. This is totally against everything Twitter has taught you about Direct Messages, but it really works.
Example of a typical giveaway:
@SEGA Tweets: “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!”
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner! Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter! (Note, this is just an example, please do not Direct Message this example phrase).
3. We will announce the winner the following week across our blog in the next Free Stuff Friday giveaway. Please read the official rules at the end of this post to confirm eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’ve never used twitter before, how does it work?
Q: How do Direct Messages work again?
Q: How can I be sure my Direct Messages are reaching you?
Q: I have a question for SEGA on Friday, around 11am Pacific Time, why aren’t you responding?
Q: I won a Sonic Shirt that’s too small for me, can I exchange it?
Official Rules & Regulations
Sega of America, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter.
Age of Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-one (21) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
How to Enter: Sponsor will announce the prize we are awarding, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!)
How Many Times You Can Enter: Limit of one (1) direct message per person per prize.
How Winner(s) Will Be Determined: Winners will be randomly determined on an “nth entry basis”; i.e. For example, Sponsor will randomly which entrant will be selected for a given prize; i.e. the 50th or 100th.
How Winner(s) Will Be Notified: Winners will be notified on Twitter through Direct Messages (DM) as well as through email.
Where and When Winner(s) Will be Announced:Winners will be announced at least one week after the promotion starts on the SEGA Blog (blogs.sega.com).
(2) Eligibility – The following are NOT eligible to participate: Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The promotion is void in all countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran Iraq, Liberia (the former regime of Charles Taylor), Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Please note that the list of sanctions countries ca change at any time, however, a current list can always be located at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs
Further, the promotion is void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
(3) Entering the Promotion – Creation of false accounts on Twitter is prohibited. (Message, data rates or other charges may apply if you are participating via the use of a SMART mobile device; check your mobile plan for rates and details. Participation may not be available on all carriers.) In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by the online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning the accounts. You may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(6) Prize Awarding – If you are potential winner and a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, your parent or legal guardian must accept the prize on your behalf by providing their name and complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment. If you do not respond to the Sponsor’s Prize Notification Message by the date indicated in the message, the prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. If you have provided an invalid or inaccurate email address or postal mailing address for the purpose of prize fulfillment any returned communication or prize items will be forfeited and in this event at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate may be selected. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – At the conclusion of any given Promotion or prize winning cycle and the selection or naming of the published winner(s) for that Weekly Promotion Period or prize winning cycle, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has the right to modify any rule associated with the Promotion including but not limited to the requirement for entry, number of entries you can receive, the number and value of prizes available and the deadline for entry or participation prize winning activity including, or at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to discontinue the Promotion completely.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Twitter and Promotion Entities from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
SEGA is heading to 2014 PAX Prime in Seattle with its fall lineup in tow and ready to unleash on all in attendance! Gamers will be given the chance for hands-on demos of Alien: Isolation, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal creating a unique experience for fans as they get a detailed look at the hottest games of the year.
Coming off the heels of its national debut at San Diego Comic-Con, Alien: Isolation will be showcased in amazing, spine-tingling fashion at Booth #232 with game demos in a custom-designed, giant-sized Alien egg pod. The pod creates a self-contained, fear-inducing, immersive gaming experience for the newest title of the Alien™ franchise. As gamers tremble in fear, the Alien: Isolation booth will have a live on-site stream feeding on-lookers and fans the POV gaming perspective, prepping gamers for the intense experience before they enter one of several gaming stations.
To help extend the demo experience onsite, SEGA will host a “Survive the Demo Competition,” giving gamers the chance to win exclusive limited edition Alien jackets (while supplies last). Alien: Isolation is available worldwide on October 7, 2014 for Xbox One, PlayStation4, Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation3.
When it comes to SEGA’s iconic Blue Blur, Sonic the Hedgehog will be racing into PAX at top speeds in Sonic Boom, a brand-new extension of the Sonic Universe. Touching down at Booth #652, fans will get an exclusive first-look at the brand new multiplayer capabilities of Sonic’s newest adventures Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. The new games Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for the Wii U system, developed by Los Angeles-based Big Red Button, and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, from San Francisco-based Sanzaru Games, will introduce two unique and epic adventures as Sonic and team work together to stop the evil villain- Lyric! Play as multiple characters, each with their own abilities, as you explore, fight and speed through an undiscovered land. Each game features its own individual story and gameplay features. As an added extra for Hedgehog fanatics at PAX, SEGA will also preview the newest trailer for Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Be sure to tune into Sonic’s first-ever CG-animated television series debuting on Cartoon Network this fall.
In addition, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal will both be featured on The Next Level’s live stream! Tune in at the following times (times approximate and Pacific Time) at http://bit.ly/THENEXTLEVELTWITCH to see the games played live!
Friday 8/29: 12:35 – 1:00pm
See you at PAX!
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES