Monday Dec 02, 2013
Caesar in Gaul is the first campaign expansion for ROME II, and brings Caesar’s Gallic War to life in thrilling detail. Offering a tighter scope in terms of time and geography than ROME II, the Caesar in Gaul campaign map offers an expanded, more detailed vision of Gaul and the south coast of Britannia.
Players can choose from four playable factions in this conflict: the Gallic Arverni, the Germanic Suebi, the Belgic Nervii and Rome; in a campaign inspired by Caesar’s Commentarii de bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic war).
Caesar in Gaul Features
Greater focus on characters: Play through the campaign with faction-leading avatars such as Caesar and Vercingetorix.
24 turns per year and seasons: A shorter campaign timespan (58-51BC) means each in-game year is split into more turns. As the calendar changes, so do the seasons, bringing seasonal gameplay effects and stunning visual alterations.
New mid-game challenge mechanics: Caesar in Gaul replaces ROME II’s civil war with different, conflict-appropriate mechanics. As barbarian players progress, they’ll begin to feel the mailed fist of Rome as heavy intervention forces are sent to Gaul. Likewise, Roman players will see the tribes rebelling and forming alliances.
Compact, focused multiplayer campaign: With a tighter geographic scope and faction-roster, 2-player campaigns are more focused and less time-consuming than the full ROME II campaign.
New historical battle: Surrounded and outnumbered, take on the role of Caesar as he fights the last desperate, decisive engagement of the Gallic War: the Battle of Alesia.
New Total War: ROME II playable factions: Alongside the factions playable in Caesar in Gaul, several playable factions are also unlocked in the full ROME II campaign: the Nervii, the Boii and the Galatians.
Caesar in Gaul will be available to purchase and download on December 12, 2013 for $14.99/£9.99/€14.99.
Friday Nov 08, 2013
With the recently announced Steam OS looming large, this weekend Steam are highlighting one of the forthcoming titles for the new operating system when it launches – 25% off Total War: ROME II.
To mark this fantastic discount, we’ve taken another colossal ROME II panoramic screenshot, this time featuring the exotic mounted warriors of the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack. The Tribes of Scythia, the Massagetae and the Roxolani offer a distinctly different style of play, as they focus almost exclusively on mounted warriors. Born in the saddle to ride the wild, hardy steeds of The Steppes to war, they are poised to rain havoc on the ‘civilized’ peoples of the ancient world. You can see them in formation-shattering action against the forces of Rome by clicking the image above or visiting this link.
The Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack is available now alongside the recently released Blood & Gore Pack.
Tuesday Oct 22, 2013
Featuring new playable factions the Royal Scythians, Roxolani and Massagetae, the Total War: ROME II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack (normally £5.99/$7.99/€7.49) is available now and will be free if downloaded before October 29th.
“We’ve had more gamers playing ROME II, and for longer, in its first month than any other Total War to date. We are going to continue to work on gameplay feature balancing with our community who have been hugely helpful in feeding back on the game. Offering this DLC for free for the first week it’s on sale is a celebration and a small thank you to them for helping us make this the biggest Total War yet.” – Mike Simpson, Creative Assembly.
The Nomadic Tribes favor cavalry, exclusively in some cases, providing for swift hit and run and massed shattering charge tactics on the battlefield. The three playable factions come with new buildings and building chains, technology tree, campaign objectives and new units both unique and for general mercenary use. Read more at the Total War Wiki.
Friday Oct 18, 2013
The next in a series of free content drops to Total War: ROME II is available today in an automatic update; The Seleucid Empire is now a playable faction in single-player campaign and multiplayer games.
This update includes Patch 5, delivering further performance and gameplay balancing improvements, for full patch notes please visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_Notes
Also featured is Steam Workshop support and activation of the mod manager in the Total War Launcher, making the sharing and loading of mods a breeze, please visit: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=214950
Renowned for their civil engineering and city-building feats, the kings of the vast Seleucid Empire rely on expert cavalry regiments to enforce and expand their borders. This content update includes new unique Seleucid units, building and technology trees, Campaign Objectives and the Paradise of Daphne; a unique new wonder. For more details on this faction, please visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Seleucid_Faction
Thursday Oct 03, 2013
Automatically applied to the game client upon restarting, the third update to ROME II includes over 140 technical, gameplay, balancing and usability improvements.
Technical optimizations include Campaign performance improvements on some hardware configurations, fixes for UI flickering in SLI setups, and a significant multiplayer campaign-speed boost. There are many new gameplay improvements, such as alterations to the victory point system, and chiefly a reduction in the circumstances in which victory points appear in battles. For example, when the player is attacked while occupying a minor settlement (though not a provincial capital), a new Sally Forth button is available on the pre-battle panel, which enables the player’s army to fight the attackers in an open field battle without victory points.
Numerous other specific fixes are also included, and full patch notes can be found here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_Notes
Patch 4 enters public beta soon, with further technical optimizations and improvements to gameplay, balance and usability to come.
Assistance for anyone seeking to solve issues or improve the performance of ROME II on their system is available from the CA support team at http://www.totalwar.com/rome2support.
Friday Aug 30, 2013
The Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle kicks off today and the SEGA booth is already super busy. It’s only been a few hours since the doors open and every section of our booth is drawing long lines. If you are on the floor, come check us out at booth #142. If you are following along from home, we’ll be posting a bunch of photos and blogs from the show floor!
Sonic Lost World
Total War: ROME II
Castle of Illusion
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is a huge hit! We’ve got the full title unlocked with all songs available for play. Plus we have our Hatsune Miku cosplayers hanging out for photos!
Heroki is an all new mobile and table title just announced in our last PAX blog. Be the first to check out this all new action-adventure title from Picomy Games. The game is absolutely beautiful to look and a lot of fun to play. Find anyone wearing a white Heroki shirt and ask them to give a demo!
Friday Aug 30, 2013
We’re giving away a totally decked out custom Intel PC with an incredible Total War: ROME II paint job and all you have to do is come play the game inside the SEGA Booth (#142/242) at the Penny Arcade Expo!
The outside of the PC looks great and the inside isn’t too shabby either:
The Rome II demo is a lot of fun, featuring two historical battles with ranging difficulties for both beginners and established Total War players. If you’ve not played a Total War game or you have a pre-order locked in, we hope you can make it out and play the game! Once you’ve finished the demo, grab an entry card and pass it back to anyone working the ROME II demo to be entered to win, it’s that easy.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to on-site registered attendees of PAX, Washington Convention Center Seattle, WA, August 30-September 2, 2013 who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Void in Quebec, Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’ Ivoire, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, N. Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Zimbabwe and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Visit the SEGA exhibit at PAX and take a demonstration of TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game. Upon completing the demonstration you will receive an Ultimate TOTAL WAR™: ROME II Giveaway entry card (“Entry Card”). Complete the lower perforated section of the Entry Card with your first/last name, email address and phone number, detach and provide to any Sega representative. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(4) Data Collection – The personal information you provide in entering the Promotion is used only for the purposes of conducting the Promotion, selecting and notifying winners and will NOT be retained or used for any other purpose.
(5) Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a desktop PC, which is custom branded with TOTAL WAR™: ROME II graphics and the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,060 USD. Ten (10) First Place winners will receive the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, ARV $60 USD. There are eleven (11) winners with a total ARV of all prizes of $3,660 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about September 19, 2013. First Prize winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their entry (“Prize Notification”) and asked to confirm prize acceptance, age, date of birth, residency and provide a complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. The Grand Prize winner will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and a U.S. Tax Form 1099 (collectively “Affidavit”) which must be returned within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. If any potential winner is between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17), his/her parent or legal guardian must provide their information and accept the prize on behalf of their minor. Non-compliance with any of these requirements and/or the return of Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and the selection of an alternate winner. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, provincial or other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Information about Winners – The names of the winners will be available at http://bit.ly/UltimateRomeIIGiveaway on about October 1, 2013.
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. TOTAL WAR and the TOTAL WAR LOGO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. All rights reserved.
Tuesday Aug 27, 2013
We’re excited to confirm that SEGA will bring its entire fall lineup to the highly popular consumer show PAX Prime 2013 in Seattle, showcasing Sonic Lost World, Total War: ROME II, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F, and Heroki – all at booth #142/242.
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Lost World puts Sonic up to the challenge as he faces his most powerful enemy to date – The Deadly Six! In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and Color Powers, Sonic must speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level. Sonic Lost World will launch exclusively on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on October 22, 2013.
Total War: Rome II
Total War: ROME II is poised to dominate this fall’s PC market with its release on September 3, 2013. Destined to be the biggest game in the entire series so far, Total War: ROME II will sink players into the dangerous political machinations as the head of the world’s first superpower. PAX attendees will be able to experience the game’s epic scale and grand vision first hand with several historic battles playable at the show.
Attend the Total War PAX Panel!
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is a fantastical reimagining of the original Sega Genesis classic. With all-new HD graphics and gameplay, Castle of Illusion brings Mickey and his magical world to life. When the evil witch Mizrabel kidnaps Minnie, it’s up to Mickey to brave the dangers of the Castle of Illusion to rescue Minnie. Gather your courage and take on hordes of rebellious toys, traverse enchanted forests and navigate mazes of living books. The game will be available for digital download on September 3, 2013 for PlayStation Network, on September 4 for the Xbox Live, and for PC digital download.
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
The ultimate rhythm game where players can experience a concert with the world’s most popular virtual singer will also be available at PAX. Attendees will be able to experience this phenomenon first hand and play the game at the SEGA booth #142/#242. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 system and via digital download on PlayStation Network today.
Heroki is an exciting new action adventure game coming soon to tablets and mobile devices. Heroki lives in the peaceful sky village of Levantia and must go on a quest to retrieve a stolen magical amulet in order to save it. PAX attendees will get a chance to dive into this whimsical world of flight and fantasy with beautiful visuals, creative gameplay, and a deep story. Developed by Picomy Games, Heroki will launch later this year on the App Store.
See You at the Show!
As always, the SEGA Community team will be on hand to report the goings on of the show, pass out some special merch, and meet all the fans who come out to play our games. We’ve got a lot of fun stuff to show off, so come on by and be sure to say hello!
Thursday Aug 22, 2013
The most requested era by fans returns in Total War: Rome II! If you’re here at Gamescom, stop by the Koch booth in Hall 9 for the chance to play the latest game with an opportunity to go hands on with the Battle of the Nile; a massive engagement on the shores of the famous river between Egypt and Rome’s combined naval and land forces.
Total War: Rome II is the winner of the E3 Game Critics Choice awards for Best Strategy Game as well as over 20 other E3 Awards and Nominations, including Best Strategy Game of the Show from Game Informer, Destructoid and IGN.
How far will you go for Rome? Conspiracies, politics, intrigue, revolts, loyalty, honour, ambition, betrayal. Your decisions will write your own story.
Play for the glory of Rome as one of three families or take command of a huge variety of rival civilizations – each offering a notably different form of gameplay experience.
Total War: Rome II is a PC exclusive, Steam-activated title and will release world-wide on September 3rd, 2013.
Wednesday Aug 21, 2013
Gamescom 2013 has arrived! We’ve got great coverage lined up over the next couple of days, some awesome games to play if you’re able to make it to Germany, and hourly giveaways on Twitter. Here’s a sneak peak of what fans will see on the show floor through the rest of the week!
Gamescom General Information:
Sonic Lost World
Where: Nintendo of Europe booth
Sonic Lost World will have all-new playable levels in the latest demo! Swing by and check out it out on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
Total War: Rome II
Where: Koch booth
Head over to the Total War: Rome II booth to play the latest installment in the series with an opportunity to go hands on with the Battle of the Nile; a massive engagement on the shores of the famous river between Egypt and Rome’s combined naval and land forces.
Where: Cosmocover booth (Business Centre access only)
If you have access to the Business Centre, be sure to check out The Cave for iOS. Originally launched as a console digital title, The Cave runs amazingly smooth on our iPad 4 demo unit and envelops players with its intuitive tap and slide controls.
Hourly Giveaways on Twitter
During the show you’ll have a chance to score an exclusive SEGA Swag Pack on our Twitter! Follow us and be ready to enter when we Tweet how to win.
Where: @SEGA Twitter
- Wednesday, August 21st : Every Hour between 13:00 – 18:00* CEST (4:00am – 9:00am* PDT) *No giveaway at 17:00 CEST (8:00am PDT)
The SEGA Swag Pack includes:
- Sonic The Hedghog plushie
How It Works
1. You must be following us on Twitter to be eligible. (If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can create one by going to http://www.twitter.com and click the green “get started — join!” button in the center of the page.)
2. At dates and times listed above, we will announce the prize we are giving away, a word or phrase, and what number of response you need to be to win. Send us a direct message (DM) via Twitter and be that number to win the prize. (@ replies do not count as entries!) We only accept one direct message per person per prize!
We tweet “GIVEAWAY: Sonic T-shirt, size L. Be the 15th person to DM “Sonic Adventure” to win!” (don’t actually DM this, it’s not the way to enter)
You see this, and want to win it, so you send us a direct message that says “Sonic Adventure”. If you are the 15th person to do so, you are the winner!
Quotation marks do not matter, capitalization does not matter, but spelling does matter!
3. All followers are eligible to win all prizes, unless a restriction is noted. Restrictions are usually due to the prize being region-locked. For example, US games that won’t work on UK gaming systems. There may also be age restrictions due to the rating of the game.
4. We will announce the winner on our Twitter feed once eligibility is confirmed.
Other Assorted Information:
- No, you can’t know what number message you were – so please don’t ask! We will tell you that the information is classified!
How to Send Direct Messages on Twitter
Due to a change in our account status with Twitter, you should be able to send us direct messages without us following you if you are using the Twitter website. However, third-party applications may not allow you to.
There are a few ways to send us a Direct Message on Twitter. The easiest way is:
1. Log in to your Twitter account.
You may also select the “direct messages” tab from your Twitter homepage, and select SEGA from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Again, if you don’t see our name there, it’s probably because we’re not following you. Let us know, and we’ll follow you. If you still have questions on sending direct messages, please visit Twitter’s Help Section.
There are also many Twitter clients that you can use instead of using the website. These include TweetDeck, Twitteriffic, Tweetie, and Twhirl. Each of these programs works differently, so you’ll want to figure out how to send a direct message on the program you use. If you want to send us a test message, we’ll let you know if we received it or not. Please make sure your message says “test” somewhere.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES