Tuesday Feb 18, 2014
In a bitterly fought contest between two giants of the strategy game genre only one community would emerge victorious. The Total War community fought valiantly but ultimately swords and trebuchets proved no match for tanks and automatic weapons as Company of Heroes 2 emerged victorious in this unique Steam event.
To the victor goes the spoils and the valiant efforts of the Company of Heroes 2 community have earned all Company of Heroes 2 owners the opportunity to download two brand new commander packs on Steam, for free, until February 22, 2014, 10:00 AM PST.
Company of Heroes 2 Free DLC
Soviet Commander: Advanced Warfare Tactics. He will help you gain vital intelligence and exploit enemy movements with PPSH equipped conscripts and the most powerful incarnation of the vaunted T-34 tank armed with a hard hitting 85mm cannon.
German Commander: Close Air Support Doctrine will help you gain tactical air supremacy over your foes by providing close Air Support and cover for frontline engagements by utilizing the powerful weapons of the versatile JU-87 and its destructive power.
A full list of abilities for both commanders can be found on the Steam product page here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38625
Giving players another reason to celebrate today, Relic also released a brand new update for Company of Heroes 2, introducing several new features. The ‘Aftermath’ adds Battle Servers to the game, improving the multiplayer quality for matches involving slower internet connections. The update also streamlines the surrender process, adds a new map list and will see the first community created map get integrated into the game.
“Tally ho losers. We kicked your butts!” said Jeffery Simpson, Community Manager for Company of Heroes 2. “Massive congratulations to the awesome Company of Heroes 2 community. Go and download your reward now, you’ve earned it!”
Tuesday Dec 17, 2013
Caesar in Gaul, the first campaign expansion for Total War: ROME II, is available to download now. Bringing Caesar’s Gallic war to life in thrilling detail, Caesar in Gaul offers a tighter scope in terms of time and geography than ROME II’s original grand campaign.
Playing as Rome or one of the key barbarian tribes in this seven-year conflict, players will experience a campaign map that represents an expanded, more detailed vision of Gaul and the south coast of Britannia. With multiple turns per year, this expansion also brings seasonal changes, with new gameplay effects and stunning visual alterations.
Caesar in Gaul also offers players a new historical battle to challenge their generalship. The Battle of Alesia, the decisive engagement of Caesar’s war in Gaul, offers a unique tactical situation in which the Romans must survive a twin-pronged onslaught of the massed Gallic forces.
Concurrent with this launch, a new patch bringing important gameplay changes will download automatically via Steam for all ROME II owners. For full patch notes please visit the Total War Wiki.
Caesar in Gaul brings numerous other features, including new units, new mid-game challenge mechanics and a greater focus on historical characters. For more detailed information, head to the steam page, where the expansion is available to purchase for £9.99, $14.99, €14.99.
Monday Dec 02, 2013
Caesar in Gaul is the first campaign expansion for ROME II, and brings Caesar’s Gallic War to life in thrilling detail. Offering a tighter scope in terms of time and geography than ROME II, the Caesar in Gaul campaign map offers an expanded, more detailed vision of Gaul and the south coast of Britannia.
Players can choose from four playable factions in this conflict: the Gallic Arverni, the Germanic Suebi, the Belgic Nervii and Rome; in a campaign inspired by Caesar’s Commentarii de bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic war).
Caesar in Gaul Features
Greater focus on characters: Play through the campaign with faction-leading avatars such as Caesar and Vercingetorix.
24 turns per year and seasons: A shorter campaign timespan (58-51BC) means each in-game year is split into more turns. As the calendar changes, so do the seasons, bringing seasonal gameplay effects and stunning visual alterations.
New mid-game challenge mechanics: Caesar in Gaul replaces ROME II’s civil war with different, conflict-appropriate mechanics. As barbarian players progress, they’ll begin to feel the mailed fist of Rome as heavy intervention forces are sent to Gaul. Likewise, Roman players will see the tribes rebelling and forming alliances.
Compact, focused multiplayer campaign: With a tighter geographic scope and faction-roster, 2-player campaigns are more focused and less time-consuming than the full ROME II campaign.
New historical battle: Surrounded and outnumbered, take on the role of Caesar as he fights the last desperate, decisive engagement of the Gallic War: the Battle of Alesia.
New Total War: ROME II playable factions: Alongside the factions playable in Caesar in Gaul, several playable factions are also unlocked in the full ROME II campaign: the Nervii, the Boii and the Galatians.
Caesar in Gaul will be available to purchase and download on December 12, 2013 for $14.99/£9.99/€14.99.
Friday Nov 08, 2013
With the recently announced Steam OS looming large, this weekend Steam are highlighting one of the forthcoming titles for the new operating system when it launches – 25% off Total War: ROME II.
To mark this fantastic discount, we’ve taken another colossal ROME II panoramic screenshot, this time featuring the exotic mounted warriors of the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack. The Tribes of Scythia, the Massagetae and the Roxolani offer a distinctly different style of play, as they focus almost exclusively on mounted warriors. Born in the saddle to ride the wild, hardy steeds of The Steppes to war, they are poised to rain havoc on the ‘civilized’ peoples of the ancient world. You can see them in formation-shattering action against the forces of Rome by clicking the image above or visiting this link.
The Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack is available now alongside the recently released Blood & Gore Pack.
Tuesday Oct 22, 2013
Featuring new playable factions the Royal Scythians, Roxolani and Massagetae, the Total War: ROME II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack (normally £5.99/$7.99/€7.49) is available now and will be free if downloaded before October 29th.
“We’ve had more gamers playing ROME II, and for longer, in its first month than any other Total War to date. We are going to continue to work on gameplay feature balancing with our community who have been hugely helpful in feeding back on the game. Offering this DLC for free for the first week it’s on sale is a celebration and a small thank you to them for helping us make this the biggest Total War yet.” – Mike Simpson, Creative Assembly.
The Nomadic Tribes favor cavalry, exclusively in some cases, providing for swift hit and run and massed shattering charge tactics on the battlefield. The three playable factions come with new buildings and building chains, technology tree, campaign objectives and new units both unique and for general mercenary use. Read more at the Total War Wiki.
Friday Oct 18, 2013
The next in a series of free content drops to Total War: ROME II is available today in an automatic update; The Seleucid Empire is now a playable faction in single-player campaign and multiplayer games.
This update includes Patch 5, delivering further performance and gameplay balancing improvements, for full patch notes please visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_Notes
Also featured is Steam Workshop support and activation of the mod manager in the Total War Launcher, making the sharing and loading of mods a breeze, please visit: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=214950
Renowned for their civil engineering and city-building feats, the kings of the vast Seleucid Empire rely on expert cavalry regiments to enforce and expand their borders. This content update includes new unique Seleucid units, building and technology trees, Campaign Objectives and the Paradise of Daphne; a unique new wonder. For more details on this faction, please visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Seleucid_Faction
Thursday Oct 03, 2013
Automatically applied to the game client upon restarting, the third update to ROME II includes over 140 technical, gameplay, balancing and usability improvements.
Technical optimizations include Campaign performance improvements on some hardware configurations, fixes for UI flickering in SLI setups, and a significant multiplayer campaign-speed boost. There are many new gameplay improvements, such as alterations to the victory point system, and chiefly a reduction in the circumstances in which victory points appear in battles. For example, when the player is attacked while occupying a minor settlement (though not a provincial capital), a new Sally Forth button is available on the pre-battle panel, which enables the player’s army to fight the attackers in an open field battle without victory points.
Numerous other specific fixes are also included, and full patch notes can be found here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_Notes
Patch 4 enters public beta soon, with further technical optimizations and improvements to gameplay, balance and usability to come.
Assistance for anyone seeking to solve issues or improve the performance of ROME II on their system is available from the CA support team at http://www.totalwar.com/rome2support.
Friday Aug 30, 2013
The Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle kicks off today and the SEGA booth is already super busy. It’s only been a few hours since the doors open and every section of our booth is drawing long lines. If you are on the floor, come check us out at booth #142. If you are following along from home, we’ll be posting a bunch of photos and blogs from the show floor!
Sonic Lost World
Total War: ROME II
Castle of Illusion
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is a huge hit! We’ve got the full title unlocked with all songs available for play. Plus we have our Hatsune Miku cosplayers hanging out for photos!
Heroki is an all new mobile and table title just announced in our last PAX blog. Be the first to check out this all new action-adventure title from Picomy Games. The game is absolutely beautiful to look and a lot of fun to play. Find anyone wearing a white Heroki shirt and ask them to give a demo!
Friday Aug 30, 2013
We’re giving away a totally decked out custom Intel PC with an incredible Total War: ROME II paint job and all you have to do is come play the game inside the SEGA Booth (#142/242) at the Penny Arcade Expo!
The outside of the PC looks great and the inside isn’t too shabby either:
The Rome II demo is a lot of fun, featuring two historical battles with ranging difficulties for both beginners and established Total War players. If you’ve not played a Total War game or you have a pre-order locked in, we hope you can make it out and play the game! Once you’ve finished the demo, grab an entry card and pass it back to anyone working the ROME II demo to be entered to win, it’s that easy.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to on-site registered attendees of PAX, Washington Convention Center Seattle, WA, August 30-September 2, 2013 who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry and individuals between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) who have the permission to enter of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Void in Quebec, Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote d’ Ivoire, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, N. Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Zimbabwe and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – Visit the SEGA exhibit at PAX and take a demonstration of TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game. Upon completing the demonstration you will receive an Ultimate TOTAL WAR™: ROME II Giveaway entry card (“Entry Card”). Complete the lower perforated section of the Entry Card with your first/last name, email address and phone number, detach and provide to any Sega representative. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(4) Data Collection – The personal information you provide in entering the Promotion is used only for the purposes of conducting the Promotion, selecting and notifying winners and will NOT be retained or used for any other purpose.
(5) Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a desktop PC, which is custom branded with TOTAL WAR™: ROME II graphics and the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $3,060 USD. Ten (10) First Place winners will receive the TOTAL WAR™: ROME II game, ARV $60 USD. There are eleven (11) winners with a total ARV of all prizes of $3,660 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about September 19, 2013. First Prize winners will be contacted within three (3) business days of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with their entry (“Prize Notification”) and asked to confirm prize acceptance, age, date of birth, residency and provide a complete mailing address for the purposes of prize fulfillment within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. The Grand Prize winner will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and a U.S. Tax Form 1099 (collectively “Affidavit”) which must be returned within seven (7) days of Prize Notification. If any potential winner is between the ages of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17), his/her parent or legal guardian must provide their information and accept the prize on behalf of their minor. Non-compliance with any of these requirements and/or the return of Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, winner’s forfeiture of the prize and (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and the selection of an alternate winner. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian winner will have to correctly answer a multiple part mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, provincial or other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. If there are fewer eligible entries than the number of available prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Information about Winners – The names of the winners will be available at http://bit.ly/UltimateRomeIIGiveaway on about October 1, 2013.
© SEGA. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. TOTAL WAR and the TOTAL WAR LOGO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. All rights reserved.
Tuesday Aug 27, 2013
We’re excited to confirm that SEGA will bring its entire fall lineup to the highly popular consumer show PAX Prime 2013 in Seattle, showcasing Sonic Lost World, Total War: ROME II, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F, and Heroki – all at booth #142/242.
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Lost World puts Sonic up to the challenge as he faces his most powerful enemy to date – The Deadly Six! In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and Color Powers, Sonic must speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level. Sonic Lost World will launch exclusively on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on October 22, 2013.
Total War: Rome II
Total War: ROME II is poised to dominate this fall’s PC market with its release on September 3, 2013. Destined to be the biggest game in the entire series so far, Total War: ROME II will sink players into the dangerous political machinations as the head of the world’s first superpower. PAX attendees will be able to experience the game’s epic scale and grand vision first hand with several historic battles playable at the show.
Attend the Total War PAX Panel!
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is a fantastical reimagining of the original Sega Genesis classic. With all-new HD graphics and gameplay, Castle of Illusion brings Mickey and his magical world to life. When the evil witch Mizrabel kidnaps Minnie, it’s up to Mickey to brave the dangers of the Castle of Illusion to rescue Minnie. Gather your courage and take on hordes of rebellious toys, traverse enchanted forests and navigate mazes of living books. The game will be available for digital download on September 3, 2013 for PlayStation Network, on September 4 for the Xbox Live, and for PC digital download.
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
The ultimate rhythm game where players can experience a concert with the world’s most popular virtual singer will also be available at PAX. Attendees will be able to experience this phenomenon first hand and play the game at the SEGA booth #142/#242. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 system and via digital download on PlayStation Network today.
Heroki is an exciting new action adventure game coming soon to tablets and mobile devices. Heroki lives in the peaceful sky village of Levantia and must go on a quest to retrieve a stolen magical amulet in order to save it. PAX attendees will get a chance to dive into this whimsical world of flight and fantasy with beautiful visuals, creative gameplay, and a deep story. Developed by Picomy Games, Heroki will launch later this year on the App Store.
See You at the Show!
As always, the SEGA Community team will be on hand to report the goings on of the show, pass out some special merch, and meet all the fans who come out to play our games. We’ve got a lot of fun stuff to show off, so come on by and be sure to say hello!
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES