Thursday Mar 07, 2013
Vote for SEGA in the Pocket Gamer Awards! We’ve been nominated for a few of our titles and for the best publisher of the year! We need your help! Support SEGA and Vote for and Total war Battles: Shogun, Rhythm Thief, Sonic CD, and Virtua Tennis 4.
Voting is open until March 18, so check the categories below and head to Pocket Gamer to cast you vote!
Monday Jan 30, 2012
Looking for your chance to get some hands-on time with the new PlayStation Vita? Join us this Saturday, February 4th, at any Vita Hill Social Club location for your shot at playing Virtua Tennis 4 on the Vita. From 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., join us to play VT4, enjoy some snacks and win some SEGA and Virtua Tennis prizes!
Click on your city to RSVP on Facebook for complete location details:
Virtua Tennis VIPs
Hate waiting in line? We’ve got 10 pairs of VIP passes for each city that will allow you and a friend to skip the waiting in line and get right into the swing of things. Entering is simple – send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VIP Admission” in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail provide your first/last name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, age, city and state of residence and the location of the PlayStation®Vita Hill Social Club that you would like to attend. We’ll contact the winners on Friday.
Sega of America, Inc.
VIP Admission to PlayStation® Vita Hill Social Club Powered by Virtua Tennis
Official Promotion Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Description of Sweepstakes – Sega of America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering “VIP Admission to PlayStation® Vita Hill Social Club Powered by Virtua Tennis” (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 27, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on February 4, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other US territories) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who are currently residing in the metropolitan and/or surrounding areas of the cities of Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY, Miami, FL, and San Francisco, CA. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, Sony Corporation Entertainment America, LLC, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter –Send an e-mail to email@example.com with “VIP Admission” in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail provide your first/last name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, age, city and state of residence and the location of the PlayStation®Vita Hill Social Club that you would like to attend on Saturday, February 4, 2012, if you are selected as a winner, (your “Entry”). There is a limit of one Entry per person.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
(5) Prizes – Ten (10) winners will be randomly selected for each of the eight (8) PlayStation®Vita Hill Social Club venues in the cities of Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Los Angles, New York City, Miami, and San Francisco. Each winner will receive VIP admission for themselves and a guest to the Sega-sponsored event on Saturday, February 4, 2012. VIP admission allows an individual to bypass any existing line to gain admission to the event, there are no additional amenities included and there is no monetary value associated with VIP admission. There are a total of one hundred sixty (80) winners. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received at the end of each of the respective Drawing Periods; i.e., if 1,000,000 entries are received the odds of winning are 1:1,000,000.
(6) Prize Awarding – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about February 3, 2012. Selected winners will receive an e-mail on February 3, 2012 indicating they are eligible for PlayStation® Vita Hill Social Club VIP admission to the Sega-sponsored event on Saturday, February 4, 2012 as well as instructions for accessing the event. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(7) General – All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California located in San Francisco, California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(8) Winners List – To receive the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than February 4, 2012 to: VIP Admission Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
SEGA of America, Inc.
350 Rhode Island Street, STE 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523
©SEGA. All Rights Reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All trademarks on this page and used in this contest are the property of their particular owner and are used with permission.
PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not a Sponsor of, or in any way affiliated with this Promotion.
Wednesday Nov 30, 2011
To celebrate the final events of the 2011 Tennis calendar the ATP Champions Tour: Masters Tennis & the Davis Cup World Group Final, we will be running a competition to win a Virtua Tennis 4 Canvas (120x120x4cm).
To win all you need to do is answer both of the following questions, emailing your answers to VirtuaTennis4@sega.co.uk
Congratulations to the winner of the Virtua Tennis 4 competition – Fayaz Kattungal
• Who won the Davis Cup 2010 final?
• Who won the final of the 2010 ATP Champions Tour: Masters Tennis?
SEGA Virtua TennisTM 4 Canvas Competition
Official Rules – UNITED KINGDOM
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION OR TO WIN ANY PRIZE.
(1) Description of Prize Draws SEGA Europe Limited (the “Sponsor”) is offering a “Prize Giveaway”, (the “Promotion”) and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 18:00 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on 30th November 2011 and concludes at 18:00 GMT on 4th December 2011, (“Promotion Period”).
(2) Eligibility – The Promotion is open to legal residents of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Promotions are void anywhere it is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. Any entrants who are not eligible for the Promotion can be disqualified at the Sponsor’s discretion. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of this Promotion are not eligible (the “Promotion Entities”).
(3) How to Enter – To enter the Promotion the eligible entrant must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
You can only enter the Promotion once in order to be eligible to win a prize from the Sponsor. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, are corrupted, are late, lost, or postage-due are void and will not be accepted. Entries received for a given promotion are eligible only for that drawing and will not be “rolled forward” for inclusion in any subsequent promotion.
By entering, you agree that you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Submission on its website and/or public websites where it maintains accounts and you are assigning all ownership and usage rights to your Submission to Sponsor in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
(4) Prize – The Promotion will have one (1) winner who will be randomly selected from eligible entrants to receive one (1) Virtua TennisTM 4 Canvas (120cmx120cmx4cm). There is only one (1) prize available for this Promotion. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for any given Promotion.
(5) Prize Awarding:
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item, (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person, or (c) substitute any prize or prize component for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All cash prizes will be issued in GBP Pound Sterling via cheque or bank transfer. ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM A WINNER’S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
(ii) By entering, you (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this Promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; (d) consent to use of your name, photograph and/or likeness, written or oral statements, biographical information and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law;
(iii) The use of machines, computers or any automated technique (“Automated Cheats”) to enter the Promotion is prohibited. Sponsor has the right to invalidate any entry if its sole opinion Registered User has engaged the use of Automated Cheats at any time. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
(iv) Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Promotion Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, any Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
(9) Winners List: An accumulative list of winners from the most recent month is available via email request to email@example.com
Sponsor: SEGA Europe Limited, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex
(c) SEGA. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved
Wednesday Nov 16, 2011
SEGA has been nominated for two 2011 Video Game Awards from SPIKE! Captain America: Super Solider was nominated for Best Adapted Video Game while Virtua Tennis 4 received a nod in the Best Individual Sports Game category. Winners will be announced on December 10th during a live awards ceremony.
You can see who else was nominated over at SPIKE’s website.
Thursday Aug 18, 2011
Virtua Tennis 4 will be available on the new handheld console from Sony the ‘PS Vita’, and from the new screenshots and trailer below it matches up with graphics from the previous release and in my opinion looks great.
Tuesday Jun 07, 2011
We’ve announced today that the renowned Virtua Tennis series is scheduled to be a launch title on NGP. Developed by the original Virtua Tennis Team in Japan, Virtua Tennis 4 will mark the third time the series has been a launch title on new Sony Computer Entertainment hardware, following the successful Virtua Tennis releases at the launch of the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
“We are delighted to announce Virtua Tennis 4 and confirm the development of four further titles for the NGP, illustrating our strong support and excitement for the new platform,” said Mike Hayes, CEO of SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. “Our line-up features all new adventures for some of our most loved SEGA IP, in addition to extremely innovative and purpose built new IP – all taking full advantage of the unique gameplay opportunities provided by the NGP.”
“With Virtua Tennis 4 on NGP the team have embraced many of the features that the new hardware is capable of, including the high-definition graphics, Touch Panel control, network functionality, motion sensing system and the camera,” commented Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. “The way the team have been able to implement this brings the Virtua Tennis series to a whole new level on NGP.”
No tennis title would be complete without the world’s top stars, and there are 22 to choose from in the game, including Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic, but Virtua Tennis 4 really comes into its own when showcasing the technology the NGP has to offer. On top of front and rear Touch Panel controls used both on and off court, gamers will also be able to play the whole game with classic pad controls. NGP’s Party function makes the World Tour Map and Online Mode fully social experiences where gamers can track their friends progress, chat, share stats and comments, and challenge people to online matches.
Add to this some exciting customization features using the NGP Camera, such as customizing your character with a photo of your own face, plus a special Touch Versus Match which allows two players to battle on the same NGP. Virtua Tennis 4 promises to bring tennis on handheld consoles into the next generation.
For these and more screens, visit our Flickr set.
Friday May 13, 2011
The launch trailer for Virtua Tennis 4 is here! This video features a wide selection of professional players locked in some rather intense matches, played on stunningly realistic courts.
Virtua Tennis 4 takes the series to a higher level of realism with the PlayStation Move and 3D technology, Wii MotionPlus and Kinect compatibility, pushing the tennis genre forward yet again. The game boasts the strongest ever player line-up across all platforms, featuring the world’s top stars such as Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and 16-time major champion Roger Federer. Joining them for the first time are seven new champions making their debut to the series, enabling players to take on the likes of Juan Martín Del Potro, Fernando Gonzalez, Caroline Wozniacki and Laura Robson. The game features a new World Tour career mode designed to encourage replay value with an element of off-court fame, and since each decision affects a player’s career path, no two careers will ever be the same.
The game’s new Online Mode offers an invigorating experience for competitive and casual players, promising a more competitive matchmaking system and online tournaments geared to seeking out the ultimate Virtua Tennis Champion. Fans can also enjoy all of the new features using regular controllers. The version for the PlayStation 3 system will also feature exclusive content in the form of tennis legends Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg and Pat Rafter. There will also be two exclusive mini-games: Pin Crusher and Net Blitz.
Virtua Tennis 4 is available now on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $49.99 and on Wii for $39.99 and has been rated “E for Everyone” by the ESRB. For more information about the game, please visit www.sega.com/virtuatennis4.
Tuesday May 03, 2011
The official commercial for the PS3 Version of Virtua Tennis 4 is here!
It features lots of sweet tennis gameplay, some accents, and some more unintentionally hilarious expressions on peoples faces as they play a tennis game. But, make no mistake – VT4 is one awesome tennis game.
With the game having just launched in Europe, all of us here in the US of A with a love for Tennis can gear up for our release, coming next week on May 10th!
Are you ready for the game to arrive?
Thursday Mar 31, 2011
Check it out, Virtua Tennis fans:
Today SEGA is proud to announce a number of exclusives for the PS3 version of Virtua Tennis 4. We’ve got a shiny new trailer, which you can watch below, and some info about the new players, mini-games, and more that you’ll get when you pick the game up on PS3.
PS3 Exclusives Trailer
More info on the exclusives
Are all of our PS3 owners out there excited by the news? Let us know in the comments (no matter which console you own), and we might just send a Virtua Tennis sweatband your way!
Thursday Feb 24, 2011
As spring hits and tennis fever takes over the world, top tennis stars warm up and head for the courts to battle it out and be crowned No 1. Relive the tension and excitement with Virtua Tennis 4 by taking on the likes of tennis heroes Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Porto and Caroline Wozniacki. Experience the same intense drama as you build up your Match Momentum gauge, and revel in your form as your player grows in confidence.
Virtua Tennis 4 takes the series to a higher level of realism with the PlayStation®Move, MotionPlus and Kinect™ compatibility, pushing the tennis genre forward yet again. Exciting new features such as a refreshing World Tour experience means every decision you make both on and off the court will affect your path. You’ll never experience the same career twice!
You can go here for more information on the game.
SEARCH BY GAME
|No public Twitter messages.|
VIEW THE GALLERIES